I have the setup below, i run the cable directly to my mic, then use the DI box for bass, will that work as long as i EQ my program right?

GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
It will probably sound like crap because you are using your computers sound card. You will want an audio interface.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
What kind of mic are you using with that cable?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
the mic is a digital reference DR-VX1

all this was free btw... i dont want superior sound quality, but if i work with it, can it work ?
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
kay, know any sites for cheap/used interfaces?
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Although an interface makes a world of difference to your sound, I would rather use a decent mic through a standard PC sound card than use a crappy mic into a Neve console.

I think what you need to do is to establish a budget for yourself. This recording thing doesn't have to be expensive if all you want are modest results. (a few hundred dollars-ish) If you want to get into stuff you can get played on the radio and sell at shows or in stores.... you'd best plan on going into the thousands of dollars for even something modest. That's not bad, seeing as "true" pro quality goes into the tens and upwards to the hundreds of thousands.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
alright, thanks man, im just using this till i get the money for an interface, and right now this works fine since i have an electric drum kit
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by axemanchris
Although an interface makes a world of difference to your sound, I would rather use a decent mic through a standard PC sound card than use a crappy mic into a Neve console.
CT

I would rather use a half decent mic and interface.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)