Page 1 of 2
i know there arent that good guitars for that much but its all i can spend up to so what do you think is the best guitar for $200? im thinking of getting a squier
any ideas? thank you

ive already got an acoustic and i already bought a roland cube 30x amp
i will probably play alternative and indie rock
Last edited by an1ka at Feb 19, 2009,
THINK OF THE AMPS!!

If you are serious about learning, start with acoustic. Your fingers will develop quicker and you can get a higher quality guitar without having to bother with an amp.
save 200 more dollars and get a decent mexican strat.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by manhangi
THINK OF THE AMPS!!

If you are serious about learning, start with acoustic. Your fingers will develop quicker and you can get a higher quality guitar without having to bother with an amp.

yeah i would reccomend an acoustic to start of with unless you really want an electric i would get a squier starter pack
what's your budget including for amp?

what type of music do you want to play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
used Fender MIM Strat off ebay...... its a risk but you can come out with a good guitar........
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by moonatblack
nooo get B.C. Rich Warlock

You're kidding right? First off he wants a squire so his genre obviously isn't brootalz metal second off a b.c. Rich warlock is the absolute worst suggestion ever, he wouldn't have any for the amp.

Ts, my advice- there is no "good" guitar you can get for 200 bucks, good luck just finding a guitar for below 200 not even considering the amp. You need more money. There isn't much of an alternative.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by witchfinder
I second this

I third this.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
A washburn Wl14 heres the link-

http://www.music123.com/Washburn-WI14-Electric-Guitar-515390-i1148651.Music123

It was my first electric.I still have it to! Never changed the pick ups or anything.Its amazing for the price and you can have a little left over to put towards different pickups or a amp.I started playing with indy and alt..Stuff like The Used and such.It also does pretty good for blues and metal to.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Last edited by Sicon at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Twelf_Fret
http://www.rondomusic.com/wrl595tbr.html

had one of these, liked it alot. ended up sellin it a while back and buyin a lp copy from the same site later one. comes with passive emgs, alright for metal, not as good as actives but sounded fine to me

4th'd.

Also, check out these Xaviere guitars. They are right in your price range and are made out of better materials and have better pick-ups than most guitars in this price range.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvdocusobo.html
I like my Ibanez GSA60.
Yamaha Pacifica 112 is supposed to be really good also though.
Yamaha Pacifica or Cort G series
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by jj1565

i have no idea how anyone can suggest anything for him/her, without knowing this first.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Epiphone Les Paul Special II ain't so bad....
CHECK OUT MY METAL BLOG: Metal Mouth

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson RX10D Rhoads
Ebony Epiphone LP Standard
Taylor Big Baby acoustic
Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall 1960a
Boss MT-2
Boss TU-2
Ibanez TS9
nooo get an acoustic ur fingers harden quicker then move up from it to a squier of a crafter or sumin but learn on an acoustic an dont learnt te type of music u wanna learn learn guitar not rock guitar then u can play anyfin!
Quote by an1ka
i know there arent that good guitars for that much but its all i can spend up to so what do you think is the best guitar for $200? im thinking of getting a squier
any ideas? thank you

ive already got an acoustic and i already bought a roland cube 30x amp
i will probably play alternative and indie rock

The Xaviere XV-870 and Xaviere XV-820 would be solid choices.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
ive got an acoustic!!! im ready for an electric i just want to see other suggestions
thank you for the good suggestions
and you don't need to write he/she im a girl
Last edited by an1ka at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by jj1565

lol I don't think you'll ever get the answer to that oh so important question
Quote by Arkinazz
Epiphone Les Paul Special II ain't so bad....

.....?? wat?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
My advice save up more money and buy a Good guitar with one humbucker at the bridge and a single coil at the neck. Then buy either a Marshall amp or whatever amp is good for indie/alternative.
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
I fourth the douglas off rondo.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by Bling Dogg
lol I don't think you'll ever get the answer to that oh so important question

he/she kind of did. because i see the first post is changed to add some stuff.

i never met such a shy TS before.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
he/she kind of did. because i see the first post is changed to add some stuff.

i never met such a shy TS before.

ah, I missed the edit that was made haha You're right, there's so much prying and prodding to get him/her to spill the beans
Pokemon Woooot!!!!!!

anyway... get an ibanez electric they're cheap but quite good in quality
Last edited by ampster101 at Feb 21, 2009,
I would just try a few in the shop in your price range and buy the one that fits you best. You will find if you get into playing electric guitar you will soon work out what you want from a guitar and can upgrade at a later date. I started on a cheap strat copy and once I got better knew it was holding me back so got a better guitar.
my dad owns a Yamaha Pacifica 112J their solid guitars, a humbucker near the bridge and 2 single coils, their made of Alder so their really good, check them out
Quote by Frusciante2323
used Fender MIM Strat off ebay...... its a risk but you can come out with a good guitar........

I just got one for $200 shipped, I love it a little beat up but plays great. If you don't want to mess with ebay, get the suggested agile, or maybe a pacifica. play guitars in your price range and see what you like and don't.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
I'd sell you my ibanez gio.

you won't get a great guitar for $200 but its better than nothing.
Fixed bridge Ibanez RG, take your pick in whatever price-range you are into, theyr all pretty sweet. Id personally go fixed bridge if your serious about truely learning guitar so you can experiment with different tunings.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
squier affinity telecaster
save your money if you want a whammy and buy a bigsby bridge for it
There are hundreds of threads on this. I'll back the Yamaha Pacifica 112, the Xaverie is supposed to be good too, but I haven't played it so can't make an opinion.

Don't get a squire.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
At this point in time, you could buy a Gibson LP, or a Squier Bullet, and you'd still sound the same. Don't worry about gear so much, just practice. Besides, after playing a cheap guitar after awhile, you'll learn to really appreciate a nicer guitar in the future. Too many kids have nice guitars and have no idea how lucky they are.

Point: It doesnt matter what guitar you get, as long as you like it enough to practice with.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
Here's a quick tally:
squier standard strat 1
B.C. Rich Warlock 1 (????)
Dean ML X 1
washburn Wl14 1
Ibanez GSA60 2
Yamaha Pacifica 112 4
Epiphone Les Paul Special II 1 (????)
Ibanez RG 1
squier affinity telecaster 1

GO WITH THE PACIFICA
Quote by bigbunny
At this point in time, you could buy a Gibson LP, or a Squier Bullet, and you'd still sound the same. Don't worry about gear so much, just practice. Besides, after playing a cheap guitar after awhile, you'll learn to really appreciate a nicer guitar in the future. Too many kids have nice guitars and have no idea how lucky they are.

Point: It doesnt matter what guitar you get, as long as you like it enough to practice with.

This is very true, some people say buy a more expensive guitar to begin with. I bought a cheap strat copy and when I out grew it moved up to better guitar. For me this was the best way to go.
Page 1 of 2