Me and my drummer had this big argument, whether or not to say this thing while crowd talking (keeping interest between the songs), me being the front man (guitarist and lead vocals), I always like to say cool things to be remembered, and mostly to respect other bands that might be playing, so I would to the usual "give it up for ______", but then I would usually throw in "treat them well for us", but my drummer keeps saying that sounds cocky and makes it think we're better then the other band or something.

Opinions?

tl;dr drummer.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
Me and my drummer had this big argument, whether or not to say this thing while crowd talking (keeping interest between the songs), me being the front man (guitarist and lead vocals), I always like to say cool things to be remembered, and mostly to respect other bands that might be playing, so I would to the usual "give it up for ______", but then I would usually throw in "treat them well for us", but my drummer keeps saying that sounds cocky and makes it think we're better then the other band or something.

Opinions?

tl;dr drummer.

it kinda does sound cocky. btw, drummers are musicians too.
Quote by drdoom8793
btw, drummers are musicians too.

Oh wait you're being serious?!?!

If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by DSchmitty

tl;dr drummer.

Haw.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by DSchmitty

Opinions?

tl;dr drummer.

You play guitar. He plays drums. You're automatically right.
Depends, if your like our old vocalist saying a bloody speech between each song kindly **** off. If it's once or twice a gig after a few songs then fine.

People are there to hear you play not listen to you talk bollocks.
it's not really necessary for you to openly display your respect for other bands, especially when you sound borderline condescending/arrogant when you do.

you can just say something before the show like "hey, good luck guys.", you don't have to risk sounding like a douche.
Quote by DSchmitty

Opinions?

tl;dr drummer.

Sail upon the open skies
Yeah tell your drummer to shove it. A little fun banter beyond the usual "give it up for the other bands!" can be nice, but if your buddy there wants to trash talk like it's a basketball game then don't give him a microphone.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.