hey a'll im trying to decide if i wanna grow my nails out or not as i think they look cool and i dispise cutting them but i dont know if id be able to make a new way to fret without breaking a nail or messing up notes any imput besides cut them to really short/.
u should have short nails on ur fretting hand and long nails on ur picking hand(if you use finger picking style)
Quote by joe_k
cut them short. no girl wants a guy with long nails touching her sensitive bits.

This man just provided you with a MUCH more important reason to keep them scratchers short.
Quote by fisher2
trying to decide if i wanna grow my nails out or not/.

Well there's your problem...

There's only one part of your body that a man can worry about growing out and that's his hair. Period.

Cut or don't cut, but don't refer to the process as "growing out."

Cheers

-TFA
i bite mine so theyr mostly short except my left thumbnail. which is long just because.
i find longer nails makes chords harder (not power chords) so id say short is best but long on ur picking hand doesnt affect playing unless u use fingerpicking as 3Dpaper said.
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
Well there's your problem...

There's only one part of your body that a man can worry about growing out and that's his hair. Period.

Cut or don't cut, but don't refer to the process as "growing out."

Cheers

-TFA

Well, there is another part of my anatomy I prefer long...
Quote by stringsquealer
Well, there is another part of my anatomy I prefer long...

yeh but you don't have a choice on whether you want to grow that out do ya?