hello all, i come with a customizing question today. i love playing my epiphone les paul, i use it for tons of styles of music, but my problem, as is many others, is being able to play the upper frets. im not gifted with the longest of fingers, so many times it is quite difficult to hit the higher frets

would it be safe to sand away some of the neck heel? like, where it comes to an abrupt point, would it be ok to sand that down a bit to get a little more access?
NOPE
yes

EDIT: i thought you meant carve out the cutaway....just do that and don't risk it
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Last edited by Ghost_bass at Feb 19, 2009,
alright, so like you know with the les paul cutaways, it comes out at about a 90 degree angle, so specifically what im thinking is kinda shaving that down to more a 60-70 degree, with it being much more extreme near the top of the cutaway where access starts getting difficult, if that makes any sense...
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
alright, so like you know with the les paul cutaways, it comes out at about a 90 degree angle, so specifically what im thinking is kinda shaving that down to more a 60-70 degree, with it being much more extreme near the top of the cutaway where access starts getting difficult, if that makes any sense...

is the neck glued in or bolted

if it's glued, it could probably be done, but talk to guys at your local store about it.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
it is a glued in neck, my main goal is eliminating some of the excess wood that doesnt necessarily need to be there to hopefully get a little bit better access to the upper frets, and i just want to get an idea where the super danger zone is
NOPE