How come i never hear of older people with autism, just toddlers. What is autism and what happenswhen a kid grows up that has it.
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
I see 3 possibilities...

1) Autism was only invented recently
2) Old people have it, it's just diagnosed as dementia or good ol' being senile
3) Nobody worries about the old people who have it, they only talk about toddlers getting it since it's one of the many medical bandwagons rolling around these days

EDIT: How much older are you talking about? I've heard about plenty of post-toddlers with autism
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Feb 19, 2009,
Autistic people die around 30 don't they? Or is that for Downs?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by baumgartner
How come i never hear of older people with autism, just toddlers. What is autism and what happenswhen a kid grows up that has it.

There are older people with diagnosed autism, my girlfriend is a carer and works with them. It's actually a fascinating condition so I'd reccomend reading up on it.

Quote by Supertait

That used to be Downs Syndrome, however they tend to live longer now, a big problem for older Downs Syndrome sufferers is that they tend to have a high risk of dementia
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 19, 2009,
Reported Autism cases in the US:

That could be why.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by faultyy
There are older people with diagnosed autism, my girlfriend is a carer and works with them. It's actually a fascinating condition so I'd reccomend reading up on it.

That used to be Downs Syndrome, however they tend to live longer now, a big problem for older Downs Syndrome sufferers is that they tend to have a high risk of dementia

Yes, terribly fascinating. A condition that ruins lives is fascinating.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Supertait

the latter...
Quote by walkinbazooka

Because we should all just completely ignore anything bad, somebody should probably phone the people researching ways to help and tell them not to bother
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Last edited by faultyy at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by walkinbazooka

It can still be fascinating... Doesn't mean he get enjoyment from seeing people with it, he find THE CONDITION interesting, and how it works.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by faultyy
Because we should all just completely ignore anything bad

But calling it fascinating like a book or a movie? How sensitive of you.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka

What word should I have used?

Quote by walkinbazooka

I think schizophrenia is fascinating. Doesn't mean I'm studying the people who suffer from it or trying to analyse them, but I like reading up on the condition. Saying a disease of some sort is fascinating isn't meant to insult, he's merely saying that he is interested in the condition.
Quote by walkinbazooka

You've really taken that the wrong way.

Anyway TS, I found this list on Wikipedia of notable people who are thought to have had Autism.

Michael Fitzgerald, of the Department of Child Psychiatry at Trinity College, Dublin, has speculated about historical figures with autism in numerous journal papers and at least three books: The Genesis of Artistic Creativity: Asperger's Syndrome and the Arts,[4] Unstoppable Brilliance: Irish Geniuses and Asperger's Syndrome[5] and Autism and Creativity, Is there a link between autism in men and exceptional ability?[6]

Fitzgerald speculated the following were autistic in The Genesis of Artistic Creativity:

* Writers – Hans Christian Andersen, Lewis Carroll, Bruce Chatwin, Arthur Conan Doyle, Herman Melville, George Orwell, Jonathan Swift and William Butler Yeats.
* Philosophers – A.J. Ayer, Baruch de Spinoza, Immanuel Kant and Simone Weil.
* Musicians – Bela Bartok, Ludwig van Beethoven, Bob Dylan, Glenn Gould, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Erik Satie.
* Painters – Vincent van Gogh, L.S. Lowry, Jack B. Yeats and Andy Warhol.

Unstoppable Brilliance discusses Daisy Bates, Samuel Beckett, Robert Boyle, Eamon de Valera, Robert Emmet, William Rowan Hamilton, James Joyce, Padraig Pearse and W.B. Yeats.

Autism and Creativity says the following may have been autistic: Lewis Carroll, Eamon de Valera, Sir Keith Joseph, Ramanujan, Ludwig Wittgenstein and W.B. Yeats.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by faultyy
What word should I have used?

Terrible? Desctructive? Awful? None of these words came to mind first?
Quote by shattamakar

I think we all know what faultyy meant, quit being anuses.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by walkinbazooka
Terrible? Desctructive? Awful? None of these words came to mind first?

No, to be perfectly honest, as they don't describe my interest in it. I can see what you're saying and completely agree that it is a terrible thing to live with, however I'm not terribled, destructived or awfuled by it