Can somebody help me? I'm thinking of getting some strings for metal guitar that will last long. Can somebody help me out? I'm thinking of getting titanium coated power slinkys but any other good strings? Or should i just get regular power slinky or neither? P
strings are entirely personal preference. if you have the resources, buy a few different kinds and try them out. make this decision for yourself.
you have to try them out yourself. why are you thinking of coated strings? do your strings get rusty real quick? coated strings can be prone to tone-sucking. if you are just looking for a good all-around string that won't break easy and lasts pretty long, and still feels pretty good, the best all-around would probably be D'addario.
dont worry about longevity of your strings life think about tone and what you like to play for metal you might want a heavier gauge... 11s mebbe i dunno im not a metal guitarist.(my metal friend is tho he uses 13s...) also think about how the strings are going to affect your guitar DONT buy heavy strings if you have a cheap guitar the neck will effed up... and if you do have a nice guitar and plan on getting heavier strings consider that you may have to adjust the action to counter act some fret buzz... im assuming your knew here so welcome to UG and search around for threads that might already answer your questions b4 you post a nu one.

peace
sieves
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by Sieves
dont worry about longevity of your strings life think about tone and what you like to play for metal you might want a heavier gauge... 11s mebbe i dunno im not a metal guitarist.(my metal friend is tho he uses 13s...) also think about how the strings are going to affect your guitar DONT buy heavy strings if you have a cheap guitar the neck will effed up... and if you do have a nice guitar and plan on getting heavier strings consider that you may have to adjust the action to counter act some fret buzz... im assuming your knew here so welcome to UG and search around for threads that might already answer your questions b4 you post a nu one.

peace
sieves

PLEASE adjust your spelling, and if your not a metal guitarist don''t suggest string guage changes, because you don't know what your talking about, string gauge matter for metal mainly for string tension in alternate tunings, or MAYBE a slightly thicker tone in standard.

to TS

what metal do you play as that will affect what you tune to and thusly what your gauges will look like, also, i DO NOT recommend slinkys for metal, i think they suck tone wise and in the longevity area too.

I recommend the DR Tite-fits, they're very versatile, have insanely long life, and they're very comfortable as well.
Last edited by linnux at Feb 19, 2009,
For the most part strings are strings. Try out a few different brands make see which ones you personally like the best.
Quote by linnux
PLEASE adjust your spelling, and if your not a metal guitarist don''t suggest string guage changes, because you don't know what your talking about, string gauge matter for metal mainly for string tension in alternate tunings, or MAYBE a slightly thicker tone in standard.

thank you sir so much for this. because i definitely didn't know how to spell MAYBE. or perhaps i did that may be but you know what i dont care because it doesnt matter my advice was sound. experiment around find what you like and what works best for you. i dont know how you can honestly come in here all high and mighty when you JUST POSTED THIS SAME QUESTION... so sir PLEASE adjust your attitude.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by Sieves
thank you sir so much for this. because i definitely didn't know how to spell MAYBE. or perhaps i did that may be but you know what i dont care because it doesnt matter my advice was sound. experiment around find what you like and what works best for you. i dont know how you can honestly come in here all high and mighty when you JUST POSTED THIS SAME QUESTION... so sir PLEASE adjust your attitude.

i posted teh question aking if there were a set a strings MORE suited to what i play not, what strings should i use, as i have found a pretty awesome set, which i recommended, i also provided information about what i play, unlike the TS (no offense to you TS, you should include stuff like that for recommendations though) and don't make me point out all your spelling errors, like "nu" and "b4" if you have the time to post on an internet forum, you can take the split second to spell out "before" and "new"
Quote by linnux
i posted teh question aking if there were a set a strings MORE suited to what i play not, what strings should i use, as i have found a pretty awesome set, which i recommended, i also provided information about what i play, unlike the TS (no offense to you TS, you should include stuff like that for recommendations though) and don't make me point out all your spelling errors, like "nu" and "b4" if you have the time to post on an internet forum, you can take the split second to spell out "before" and "new"

or i can just call you a spelling nazi and smile

EDIT:seriously tho if you cant stand internet slang then get off the net cause im only 1 of million
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Last edited by Sieves at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Sieves
or i can just call you a spelling nazi and smile

well a spelling Nazi is better than a grammar nazi, because Firefox has a spell check, but not a grammar check, so i have every right to bug people on their spelling.

edit:
i don't mind internet slang, but when you have a nice chunk of text in your post, i expect you to take the time to spell out the words correctly.
Quote by linnux
well a spelling Nazi is better than a grammar nazi, because Firefox has a spell check, but not a grammar check, so i have every right to bug people on their spelling.

you pissed me off but yet... i like your logic... i dont care im still going to mispell stuff and your still a spelling nazi but still... i like your logic.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by Sieves
you pissed me off but yet... i like your logic... i dont care im still going to misspell stuff and your still a spelling nazi but still... i like your logic.

see? ! can make peace! I'm also told I'm a very logical person. i may be a spelling nazi, but I won't hi-jack a thread over it or anything.

>.>

<.<

oh, wait...
Quote by linnux
see? ! can make peace! I'm also told I'm a very logical person. i may be a spelling nazi, but I won't hi-jack a thread over it or anything.
>.>
<.<
oh, wait...

its ok his question was answered and i had fun arguing life goes on.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

true..true...
well i bid you a good evening, I'm off to hope to get some god feedback in my thread