Page 1 of 2
im playing in my schools battle of the bands, what are some cool and not overposed stances for playing?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Stances? Is it really necessary?

I'd focus more on playing correctly.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Just dont over-play... Like, dont act like your having an orgasm and you'll be good.

BTW would you recommend your Weeping Demon?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Powerstance!!!! just joking, Id go for the music and if its someone I like then they could be sitting down for all I care.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Last edited by MOOSE_CCR99 at Feb 19, 2009,
the ladies love when u hump your guitar all set long...non stop...even during song breaks....

if your that worried how cool you look, give up guitar now.
Quote by biga29
Just dont over-play... Like, dont act like your having an orgasm and you'll be good.

Its AMAZING, really versatile and it has 2 modes, i dont know how to describe them but its great, it has true bypass and lots of knobs to tweak, but get the AC adapter with it. it hoardes batterys. Anyways when the pedal is fully pressed when u have a super high gain amp u get a nice feedback
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Whatever comes naturally
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Play with your teeth, like Hendrix.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by devit
Its AMAZING, really versatile and it has 2 modes, i dont know how to describe them but its great, it has true bypass and lots of knobs to tweak, but get the AC adapter with it. it hoardes batterys. Anyways when the pedal is fully pressed when u have a super high gain amp u get a nice feedback

Sounds sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
dude give the guy a break hes just nervous about playing. these guys are kind of right though. focus on your playing. then just have fun. i generally keep my feet kind of far apart with my guitar strap about medium length if that means anything. bottom line.
1.)dont be a deuche. (like Juiceomatic's kind description)
2. ) dont be a stage-statue
stick to that and dont screw up the guitar and youll be all set
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by sw1ss023
Play with your teeth, like Hendrix.

or if you're a wuss just hold it up to your mouth (covering your face to the audience) and just play hammer ons and pull offs, to any non-guitar player you will have fooled.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Just be loose and have fun, the rest just takes care of itself. I was always stage self conscious, too. But I just told that to myself, and I started noticing that pictures of me taken during shows (including the one in my profile) started looking pretty darn good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
When I played for our school's homecoming concert, there was only man to watch to learn how to move the crowd:

Mr. David Grohl
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
i was thinking of head banging, but metal aint popular don here its kindo of a taboo
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
You can head bob. Less strenuous on the neck, and you won't look as "metal."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
head bob?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Run around like an idiot, like ANGUS YOUNG! (I did not mean to diss Mr. Young in any way.)
OR:
Run in a circle on the floor like a madman, like FRANKIE IERO!

Just go with whatever is comfortable. And looking like you want to rape someone!
By the way, please, please don't look like your concentrating too hard or you'll look constipated.
Quote by devit
head bob?

Yeah, instead of the more violent head bang, you basically just bob your head to the rhythm. Kinda like banging-lite.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
if you have a pretty intense solo you could do the "mouth wah" thing, i wish i could, i have a serious problem with drooling when i get distracted on stage.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
if you have a pretty intense solo you could do the "mouth wah" thing, i wish i could, i have a serious problem with drooling when i get distracted on stage.

Hahah, yeah, a bass player I used to play with would always stick the tip of his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he played, that's how he concentrated.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Hahah, yeah, a bass player I used to play with would always stick the tip of his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he played, that's how he concentrated.

my mouth opens a tiny bit, and if i face the least bit downward i drool, so..

drool+mouthwah= major WTF from croud
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Have some energy. A lot of high school performances are considered good if you are able to get the crowd going. Whenever I play live, I'm a nervous wreck, but if you just be confident and passionate about what you're doing(which I assume you are), then you will win them over. But mainly, just have fun, and DO NOT get too into it that you screw up your playing. Good luck.
we are playing dying in your arms, and im afraid to mess up the solo
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by devit
we are playing dying in your arms, and im afraid to mess up the solo

well if your worried about that then dont worry about looking dumb worry about nailing the song, songs more important, you can sit down or just walk around or do whatever comes to mind but first is first, the SONG!!
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
do what Mr John Frusciante does in californication live at slane castle
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
i can play it perfectly.....alone i have no idea of how i will perform in front of the school
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
I put my leg up on the PA a lot. when I practice, i have a tiny practice amp to stand in
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by gtdude114
I put my leg up on the PA a lot. when I practice, i have a tiny practice amp to stand in

You must be flexible as hell to get your leg up on the PA! You mean the monitor, I'm sure, but I immediately got this crazy image of a guitarist with his leg waaaaaaaaaaay up on the top of a stage stack.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by conor1148

Omg we have a guitar class at school and I used to drool on their acoustics like every single day. haha

Anyway, watch videos of killswitch engage live, and do exactly what Adam D. does.

AKA wear booty shorts and a cape, and basically dont even play your guitar.

OR

watch the chariot live, and just eff **** up.

EDIT: Make sure youre not the only one getting into it. Youll look like more of a douchebag if no one else is doing anything and youre acting like a moron. if everyone acts like a moron then itll be legit.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Last edited by dylandtl at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by biga29

Tell that to Steve Vai, dumbass.
Practice like you'll perform. When you're playing just move in a way that feels natural to you. Like when I play for my youth band, I'm usually doing just some rhythm stuff, and if I really get into it I'll start roto-stomping my foot. Kinda like I'm walking in place, except in rhythm to the song. Just move with the song, and do what feels natural. Oh, and if you're wireless and have lots of room, run around like an idiot, just because it's fun to do
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If your haveing fun then you will look cool.Enjoy what you do!But dont slide on your knees.The first time I played live I decided to do that during a DiveBomb.It was awsome till I slide right off the stage and landed guitar first.The neck snapped and proceeded to fly up and hit me right in the face and somehow knock me back on stage...thank god it was our last song though lol.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
go for the nickleback bow legged stance, chyea!
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I go into a heavy ass powerstance almost instinctively for Hard rock, And a very...Satch-ish thing for everything else...It makes me calm.
Quote by Sicon
If your haveing fun then you will look cool.Enjoy what you do!But dont slide on your knees.The first time I played live I decided to do that during a DiveBomb.It was awsome till I slide right off the stage and landed guitar first.The neck snapped and proceeded to fly up and hit me right in the face and somehow knock me back on stage...thank god it was our last song though lol.

The crowd loves that! Gets 'em every time.
Go for the full on Steve Vai "I just jizzed my pants" facial expression. Everything else is just gravy.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Page 1 of 2