I know you can't play a bass through a guitar amp but is it safe to run a bass through a guitar amp... but just listen to it through the headphone out? So through my headphones.
I dunno, it might be. The main reason you can't play a bass through a guitar amp is cause it'll likely blow the speakers, so if you just sue the headphone output it might be ok. Bass amps do normally have more powerful preamps and power amps though IIRC.
It wont sound that good, but it shouldn't hurt the amp (as far as i'm aware) Just make sure you dont unplug the head phones while its turned up loud.... that would hurt your amp and your ears.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by thewhorock
I know you can't play a bass through a guitar amp but is it safe to run a bass through a guitar amp... but just listen to it through the headphone out? So through my headphones.

I'm pretty sure the point is that the amplifier in the amp can't handle bass frequencies as well... the speaker is an afterthought.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
If Cliff Burton can do it, YOU CAN'T.

hahahaha, i just happened to stumble on that youtube video today, what a concidence.

your amp should be fine just dont unplug it from headphone jack wile on, unless its a fender frontman 15g amp, the i say turn it all the way up and watch sparks fly.
When I first bought my Bass I didn't have an amp at all. So I plugged into my Digitech RP50 and played into headphones. Ghetto!