Can you put pickup covers on a gibson faded flying v? The reason i ask is the bridge pickup sits so high i did not know if they made them to fit. thanks
you can adjust the pickup heights, and yes if you wanted to, you could put covers on... They don't just snap on, you have to do something with wax... But i'm gonna wait for someone who knows exactly what they're talking about before i open my mouth
you can adjust the pickup heights, and yes if you wanted to, you could put covers on... They don't just snap on, you have to do something with wax... But i'm gonna wait for someone who knows exactly what they're talking about before i open my mouth

I think you have to solder the covers on the actual pickups though, the wax is (I think) just to prevent interference. <---Can someone clarify that just to make sure? Also to remove pickups covers you must also remove the wax already in them.. Where is Seagull when you want him...
soldering to the pickup would be mind bottle-ing, unless you mean soldering it to the adjustment screw? which would look terrible.
you solder the pickup cover to the back of the pickups, but before you can do that you need to have the pickup dipped in wax so you dont get any microphonic feedback. You can normally get this done at your local shop but I heard it was pretty expensive? I just bought new pickups for my faded SG as the 490's were underpowered but with the V having the 500t in the bridge and the 496rin the neck I'd go with the cover route as there already nice pickups...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
It would be easier to just leave them or buy pickups with pickup covers on them.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I'm thinking about getting pickup covers for my Faded V too.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3