Hi, I'm getting my tax return back here pretty soon, and I'm looking to get a good modeling amp for practices and small gigs. I've been looking at the Roland Cube 30X, and the Vox 30 watt modeler as well, and I was wondering which one is more versatile? I like a good post-hardcore sound (mayday parade) as well as a good clean tone for acoustic style songs.
Vypyr + Sanpera II
but if you want an acoustic amp simulator go with a Roland Cube 30x
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I've been reading reviews on the vypyrs and they don't seem very reliable based on people's experience right out of the box. Any thoughts on this?
Both of them are equally versatile, although I believe the Cube does high gain a little better... personally, I don't buy it and think the Cube is a box of fail. Go with the Vox.

EDIT: The Vypyrs were fixed with firmware updates.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The most versatile? Fractal Audio Axe-FX. In your budget? Used Line 6 Flextone.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Raijouta
Both of them are equally versatile, although I believe the Cube does high gain a little better... personally, I don't buy it and think the Cube is a box of fail. Go with the Vox.

EDIT: The Vypyrs were fixed with firmware updates.

Good to hear that the vypyrs were fixed. Does that mean if I order one new that it will have the new firmware already on it? Also, how do you think the vypyr compares to the vox?
Quote by sinkcolinsink
Good to hear that the vypyrs were fixed. Does that mean if I order one new that it will have the new firmware already on it? Also, how do you think the vypyr compares to the vox?

vypyr is better for metal and hard rock. vox is better for cleans and poppish stuff.

it should, but you can connect your vypyr to your computer and download the new firmware if it isnt.

Don't judge me.
VYPYR IS CRAP! I learned the hard way!

Line 6 Spyder Valve pretty good.
Quote by drlego
VYPYR IS CRAP! I learned the hard way!

Line 6 Spyder Valve pretty good.

thanks for being so specific and helpful.

what is the hard way? did you step in it? the SV is infintely more expensive than the Vypyr. It's also overpriced.

Don't judge me.
Quote by sinkcolinsink

The Vypyr is most definitely not fixed. I bought a tube 60 a week ago, upgraded to the latest firmware, and it still would take about 10 tries to start when cold. I ended up returning it and will probably get a VT30 or Roland Cube.
Mesa/Boogie Triaxis + Simul-Class 2:Ninety

Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
I've got a Vox AD50VT. It's pretty nice. Good variety and effects.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars