Ok so I want to buy a new guitar and I really like this guitar, it seems like a nice guitar. I mostly play hard rock and metal so I just want get a little review on it by anyone that has played on the F-250. What are the pros and cons of it?

Thanks

~Ex
I played one briefly, they're not bad. The necks are very cool, same as most LTDs, the body shape doesn't do that much for me, I prefer the M series but it wasn't super uncomfortable. The pickups aren't too shabby, high output with plenty of punch and sparkle. My only gripe is the the hardware on the new ones (this goes for all the LTDs including my new M-200 btw, not just the F series) The black chrome looks awesome when it's new but it shows every single fingerprint and it starts to wear off pretty quickly, The plain black stuff on my old LTD was much more durable. All in all a nice guitar though, definately worth checking out.
Quote by Ex Shred
Ok so I want to buy a new guitar and I really like this guitar, it seems like a nice guitar. I mostly play hard rock and metal so I just want get a little review on it by anyone that has played on the F-250. What are the pros and cons of it?

Thanks

~Ex

I have the MH-250 which is the same, just different body, I think that's how ESP name their guitars anyway... if it is, it's a wicked guitar for the money. I use it for metal, jazz, blues and hard rock. The cleans are amazing, and distorted it sounds thick and full, excellent tone. Although that depends on the amp mostly... Also, the craftsmanship is great. The finish, neck and hardware are all made and put together really well.

I've gigged with it, and it was good to me, and I would recommend it to anyone on a budget (let's face it, it is a budget guitar).
Quote by Waylanderau
My only gripe is the the hardware on the new ones (this goes for all the LTDs including my new M-200 btw, not just the F series) The black chrome looks awesome when it's new but it shows every single fingerprint and it starts to wear off pretty quickly, The plain black stuff on my old LTD was much more durable. All in all a nice guitar though, definately worth checking out.

Yeah on the F-50 it has chrome hardware and I would have wanted that but it doesn't have a Floyd Rose and it doesn't have as good of pickups as the F-250. Anyways I can deal with the black chrome wearing. Overall it sounds like a great guitar and I will probably buy it. I've got a few questions about it:

It has active humbuckers right?
The only finishes you can get are black and silver right?

BTW, thanks for the great reviews guys. :p
Last edited by Ex Shred at Feb 20, 2009,
Nevermind about the pickups lol, they are passive EMG's.

I still don't know about the finishes tho?

I checked out the reviews on it here at UG and it got an overall rating of 9.4, which is impressive. So I'm really liking this guitar, I wish the local Guitar Center had one in stock...