So i just got a spider 3 75 watt for like 100 bucks, wtf is so bad about them, it makes all the right noises and has a solid effects board.... i mean why does ug hate them so much
~Defiant~
Because it doesn't use search functions.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
because you have never played an amp that retails for over 1000 USD. i bet you. or youve never used a legit all tube amp with a whole bunch of awesome analog pedals. I'm a fortune teller.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i have, i know there is a difference, but i mean, there is nothing wrong with the spider 3 that i can see, just that it doesnt have a 1250$ price tag
~Defiant~
Quote by killerswan
Because people are assholes and just follow each other because they cannot think for themselves.

I owned one. I am not a mindless sheep. The Spider III is the worst modeler on the current market today. That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's purpose. Practice/beginner amp? Great. Anything else? You could get way more bang for the buck.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Aurex
What is a tube amp?!?

wow, that's one inconspicuous change...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
i hate these threads. if you like it great, no need to make a thread about it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Have you ever tried cranking it?
It's not terrible at like 1 or 2, but around 5 on the 15 watt is so muddy you can't even tell you're playing different notes.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
actually the spider is actually pretty good. there are better amps in the price range though. and the insane channel is useless. you cant hear your playing over nothing. no mids. cleans arent special either. fender frontman is a way better buy imo. or the peavey vypyr which is the same thing with better distortion.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by BaffAttack
I owned one. I am not a mindless sheep. The Spider III is the worst modeler on the current market today. That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's purpose. Practice/beginner amp? Great. Anything else? You could get way more bang for the buck.

I own a Spider III and I like it a lot. I just hate how everyone rags on it. It's not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be.
Quote by killerswan
I own a Spider III and I like it a lot. I just hate how everyone rags on it. It's not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be.

sure it is. you just don't think so.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
wow, that's one inconspicuous change...

dude if you are gonna pull stuff out of your ass at least make it beleivable.

And to the flamers ,,l,, i made this thread to see if there is anything i should be looking out for in the sense of fading tone and such. Clearly i see that the only problem you people have his hypocrisy, because the only reason you hate it is because someone else told you too. Admittedly there is better amps in the price range but when you get it for 250~ dollars off the ticket price AND are happy with how it sounds, is that so wrong?

Edit : spelling
~Defiant~
Last edited by Aurex at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by killerswan

If there were no other modeling amps, it wouldn't be thought of as horrible.

Now, if you want to complain about how there's somewhat of a mob mentality against Line 6 because of the SIII hate, that I agree with. But the SIII has earned its vitriol...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Aurex

And to the flamers ,,l,, i made this thread to see if there is anything i should be looking out for in the sense of fading tone and such. Clearly i see that the only problem you people have his hypocrisy, because the only reason you hate it is because someone else told you too. Admittadly there is better amps in the price range but when you get it for 250~ dollars off the ticket price AND are happy with how it sounds, is that so wrong?

...and clearly you're falling to the opposite end of the spectrum.

"oh, these people all hate the spider. they must be mindless bandwagoners".

hypocrisy, thy name is aurex.
you got a good deal, sure, but it's not good enough to make anybody change their mind about the spider.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Aurex

And to the flamers ,,l,, i made this thread to see if there is anything i should be looking out for in the sense of fading tone and such. Clearly i see that the only problem you people have his hypocrisy, because the only reason you hate it is because someone else told you too. Admittadly there is better amps in the price range but when you get it for 250~ dollars off the ticket price AND are happy with how it sounds, is that so wrong?

to be honest, that was a complete joke. i wasn't bashing your opinion on the amp, or the amp for that matter.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Aurex

Okay, you want the laundry list of complaints?

Insane channels are worthless.
Anything past 4 on most channels is muddy or obviously digital.
Effects randomly turn on and off.
Electronics are unreliable and prone to failure.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by apak
actually the spider is actually pretty good. there are better amps in the price range though. and the insane channel is useless. you cant hear your playing over nothing. no mids. cleans arent special either. fender frontman is a way better buy imo. or the peavey vypyr which is the same thing with better distortion.

are you kidding me? i have one as a nice practice amp, i use the offset (red light) insane setting with BMT all set at 11 it sounds pretty br00tal for my drop A guitar

edit:

Quote by BaffAttack

Insane channels are worthless. - very false
Anything past 4 on most channels is muddy or obviously digital. - still very false
Effects randomly turn on and off. - never happened to me, although, recently my pedal freezes (i have teh attachment pedal w/wah tuner and channel select) and if im using the volume pedal to reduce volume it resets and gets insanely loud
Electronics are unreliable and prone to failure. - see above

-.-
Last edited by linnux at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Rogue Hermit
to be honest, that was a complete joke. i wasn't bashing your opinion on the amp, or the amp for that matter.

my bad RH

and dude..... im not saying its good because you say it sucks, im saying its good because its good...... have you ever played one?
~Defiant~
Quote by BaffAttack

Insane channels are worthless.
Anything past 4 on most channels is muddy or obviously digital.
Effects randomly turn on and off.
Electronics are unreliable and prone to failure.

no.

I've had my Spider III Valve for more than a year, no electronic failure or anything like that. Effects never randomly come on. I've gone up to 7 and it sounded perfectly normal. Insane channels aren't worthless because you know, its where the heavy distortion is at. I can hear all my notes. It isn't extremely muddy either.
Quote by CrazyTy
no.

I've had my Spider III Valve for more than a year, no electronic failure or anything like that. Effects never randomly come on. I've gone up to 7 and it sounded perfectly normal. Insane channels aren't worthless because you know, its where the heavy distortion is at. I can hear all my notes. It isn't extremely muddy either.

The Spider Valve is not the standard Spider III.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by CrazyTy
oh if thats the case. ill stop haha. sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about, man.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Sound is subjective. If you like it, good for you. I've owned a Spider II a while back and wish you luck finding your tone. There is much help you can find here .

Of course, this thread is useless and should be closed. We get too much posts like this.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦

lol at the spider three crusaders trying to give it a good name
i am no bandwagonner, you dont have to be on "tEhH BANdWaGOn" to know that this amp is not good. effects really do have a mind of their own. it is MORE than muddy...
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by leondb

Of course, this thread is useless and should be closed. We get too much posts like this.

+1. but since it's still open I'll throw in some spam.

It's a cheaply made starter amp. Reliability is not their strong suit. We see, "what's wrong with my spider III" threads all too often. If you like your amp, great. Good for you. But don't make a thread defending it, that's just a waste or all of our time, yours included.
The higher wattage versions have the same reliability issues. For what they cost, you can get a much better amp.

It just usually comes down to there are better (read more reliable) amps out there for the $$$.

People rip on everything, I own a couple squiers, people flame them all the time. Do I make a thread to defend them, no. Why, because I don't give a rats ars what they think, I know what a decent guitar is when I play one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.