basically i need some helpful tips on writing good memorable solos.
not much else i can say

any help is appreciated
Don't write it.

Wing it.

Zoso did that on Stairway, and it's one of the most memorable solos ever.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Well, I used to have this problem too.
Try not to make it boring, include harmonics, dives, bends, and so on.
And learn what notes sound good together. I used to not know **** about theory, so I couldn't solo for dick. Now that I'm learning theory, my solos have drastically improved.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
^
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Personally, a nice slow solo sticks out to me much more than a fast sweeping mindless solo.

Just feel it. Thats about all. As long as you put your entire heart and soul into it, then itll sound great.

That is, if you stay in key. lol
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
yea i dont really care for speed. unlike most guitarists to me speed isnt everything. and it seems like when i try and solo i find myself doing the same thing with little variation. what i mean by this is i find myself doing the same patterns in a sense and it jus sound the same. am i making any sense?
Quote by JT747
yea i dont really care for speed. unlike most guitarists to me speed isnt everything. and it seems like when i try and solo i find myself doing the same thing with little variation. what i mean by this is i find myself doing the same patterns in a sense and it jus sound the same. am i making any sense?

dude thats exactly how i am.

but its whatever man. play guitar for you, not for anyone else. other people can s your d.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
you could be remembered for making it terrible... like kerry kings solos :P
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
well you have to know what you want. when i write a solo specifically, it is usually slow and melodic. if i am playing something fast it is improvised 75% of the time.

basically, i am guessing you have been playing 2 or 3 years. all you really need to do is practice your scales as much as you can and then learn variations of those, etc. if you have a teacher bring up soloing to him and he will be able to help.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
One of the things you can do if you're stuck is do some random vocals over the chord progression. I can't do much improvising so I'm more at ease with letting out genuine emotions vocally. So record yourself singing gibberish with random melodies. Pick something great from it and play with guitar, adding some complexities to it. Might be helpful sometimes
do cool shredding and chromaticism and omg 3 finger tapping.

Sorry, but your question is poor and offers no insight into what you actually want to know. We can't tell you how to make a memorable solo...
Its nice to start off slow and built to a crescendo for the climax, kind of like sex. Try to feel it and also make funny faces, also like sex. So basically a solo is like sex.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Its nice to start off slow and built to a crescendo for the climax, kind of like sex. Try to feel it and also make funny faces, also like sex. So basically a solo is like sex.

Or the plot to a movie. A movie that starts out with massive explosions and people being decapitated is fun for the first bit but it can't really go further from there and the remaining 2 hours would be boring.