so my crate v-50 just like crapped out on me. i dont know that much about tube amps but im pretty sure its the preamp tubes but i have no idea what ones to get. any suggestions?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
FYI, it's usually the power tube that goes out. Do a search on this forum on topics like checking tube or something like that. Also, if your amp is not a Class - A valve amp, you gonna have to get the new tubes bias. So bringing it to a tech might not be a bad idea.

BTW, how you liking that MXR delay pedal??
Quote by The_Last_J
FYI, it's usually the power tube that goes out. Do a search on this forum on topics like checking tube or something like that. Also, if your amp is not a Class - A valve amp, you gonna have to get the new tubes bias. So bringing it to a tech might not be a bad idea.

BTW, how you liking that MXR delay pedal??

well i want to get all the tubes replaced and i want to bring it to a tech to get it done.
and i love my mxr delay, its not digital and sounds way better than the boss delays i tried imo
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I'd change the preamp tubes while you're at it. Look into some Tung-sols! Great all around, tone, low microphonics problems, good gain.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Read the "Everything you need to know about tubes" sticky on this site, he covers most brand and type of tube and their characteristic.