you should sing without the background music vocals..

do you play an instrument?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
It's fine. A little practice but you can tell it's there.
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by CroneR
you should sing without the background music vocals..

do you play an instrument?

I finally found an acoustic instrumental I will give it another try tomm and I do play an instrument but it sounds horrible playing drums and singing at the same time , hehe..
Last edited by mrpoker at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by jd44
It's fine. A little practice but you can tell it's there.

This really gives me motivation
it is definitely a start and i definitely think you can improve upon it. sing in the car a lot, thats always super helpful!
Quote by jables23092
it is definitely a start and i definitely think you can improve upon it. sing in the car a lot, thats always super helpful!

I've been doing some readings today about practicing at home. Is the lip rolling and other similar excercises effective?
Stick it out man, don't let anybody tell you that you can't do it. Keep practicing, the more you try the better you will get. I think the song you are singing is pretty difficult already. With that in mind I think you can definitely get there. Just keep it up!!
Quote by supralightning
Stick it out man, don't let anybody tell you that you can't do it. Keep practicing, the more you try the better you will get. I think the song you are singing is pretty difficult already. With that in mind I think you can definitely get there. Just keep it up!!

Thanks man you're def. right, the thing with me has always been lack of confidence. I never truly felt I could sing until a while ago when my girlfirend told me I had some talent.
Damn man, why are people bitching about your voice? I listened to the one you just posted and it is really good. I can see you are a bit sketchy in a few places with your pitch, but practice will help that. I am in a similar position as you. Its like we both have the capacity to sing, but its training our voices (musical instruments) and learning how to use them properly. Vocals are just like playing the guitar.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I liked it. I thought it was quite good and better than a lot of people on youtube that will sing (ESPECIALLY this one kid whose fat and sings psychosocial...very poorly. I lost part of my hearing).

My only criticism is watch pitch. You're flat when it comes to higher notes.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Thank u so much for the advise guys/gals, this really motivates me
Pretty good man, I wish I had the confidence to sing and put it on youtube and UG.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
Pretty good man, I wish I had the confidence to sing and put it on youtube and UG.

Dude I was in your shoes just a couple of months ago. I never had any confidence in my voice until about a year ago when my girlfriend kept telling me I had a voice and I could actually sing a bit. Just keep practicing and u will see improvements.
You've got this breathy thing going on. Your notes aren't clear, they're all breathy and muffled. Maybe you should pick a track more suited to your vocal range.

Also the sunglasses aren't helping.
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.