Can a 120w amp be hooked to a 2x12 cab? The manual says it can handle up to 100w...is it possible to fry the cab then?
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
it is possible.... but it would also be impossibly loud at that point. which amp?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I'll get a bugera 6260 head, and I have a crate 2x12 but the manual reads 100watts maximun, but I don't think I'll ever produce 120watts out of the bugera, so my question really is, is there a chance of damaging either the haed or the cab?
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
the ohms matters. check that.
and that is like a 6505+, so it would be DeFEanInG!!!
seriously though
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I checked the ohms, they seem to match...but I want to know for sure, because I liked the bugera better than the valveking.
Quote by Kanthras
... it wont damage the head. even if the speakers blow somehow
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
if you match the ohms, it's 100watt max, I highly doubt you'd turn your bugera up to full or even 2/3 of the way. I'm sure that 100 watt would be like 8 volume on a bugera. Most people keep it like 4-6
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I guess I'll buy it in the next couple of days. Thanks.
Quote by Kanthras
Last edited by Victor Manuel at Feb 20, 2009,
^yes exactly. i have turned my XXX up to ten on both volumes..... woah
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION