So there's been discussion on and off in a certain other forum about Russian multi-instrumentalist Senmuth. It's a 1-man project that combines metal, ambient, ethic, industrial, gothic, and the like into a surprisingly coherent whole. On top of that, he's come out with more than 50 albums in the past 5 years. These aren't just simple ideas recorded through a gr1m $5 computer mic either, there's some great compositions, all at studio quality.

As if that weren't enough, all of his albums are available for free (legally) on the internet. He doesn't have a myspace, but you can check out all his stuff on last.fm. http://www.last.fm/music/Senmuth . I'd recommend listening to Way on Tortuga in the box over on the right to start, however, every album has a different theme; some are more ethnic, some more metal, industrial, etc. You can generally find the albums floating around online, and he has a few linked from his website here, although it's mostly in russian/poorly translated English.

Right now, I have Bark of Ra (supposedly one of his best), Intiuatana, Kami-no-Miti, Kemet High Tech. Part I: Artefacts, Kemet High Tech. Part II: History Illusions, Madinat al-Mayyit, and Swadhisthana. Right now, I'm really digging Swadhisthana (ethnic Indian/industrial/metal). So, what do you guys think?
I've liked what I've heard. I've been meaning to give Planetary Dust a listen.

It's amazing how prolific this guy is.
Anybody have his e-mail? It says on MA that's the only way to purchase his stuff. And how much does each one cost?

Will he respond to English...?
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
Anybody have his e-mail? It says on MA that's the only way to purchase his stuff. And how much does each one cost?

Will he respond to English...?

His Email address:
senmuth@mail.ru
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
You're welcome

Yes, he'll respond in english
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I have yet to purchase anything, however my friend who gave me the email a while back has bought several albums from the guy
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Sounds good. I just hope he ain't charging like $15 for each...

Then again, it will probably be in rubles.
Philosophy > Life
Getting the latest one right now, never head anything by this dude but I'm excited.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
On the third track so far, and it's pretty weird. Not what I was expecting, but not bad.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus