So im gonna get a new amp, i mostly play metalcore stuff (august burns red, all that remains ect..) I've been looking at VOX AD50VT-XL, peavey vypyr, or a roland cube maybe. Looking to spend around $250-300. i'll mostly be using it for practicing and recording vids. Just wondering what u guys think would be best for me
You've narrowed it down to about the best 3 options out there. At that point it becomes which of the three YOU prefer. You didn't need us for that - good work. Take your guitar and play them side by side at a GC or Samash.

All your going to get here is guys with a roland saying "roland!" and guys with a vox saying... you get the point.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
You've narrowed it down to about the best 3 options out there. At that point it becomes which of the three YOU prefer. You didn't need us for that - good work. Take your guitar and play them side by side at a GC or Samash.

All your going to get here is guys with a roland saying "roland!" and guys with a vox saying... you get the point.

+1

I've tried all three amps, and out of them, I found the Vypyr to be the best tonally, although you can obviously tell it's digital.
Personally, I found the Vox to be an upgrade from the standard AD, in terms of high-gain, but not a huge leap... it's still meh.
The Cube is pretty good, I actually considered buying one a few years back... they're good amps, but, for metal, I found the Vypyr to be better.

You might be able to find a used B-52 or Randall, if you feel you want to go tube

Follow Greg's advice, though. Good stuff.
haha guess my research paid off, i'll just have to try them out for myself and see what i like, thx!