Hey guys, I'm most likely going to get a new guitar tomorrow to clock in my spring break (woo!) and I've got a quick question. What is the difference between the mirage blue RG1570 and the new RG1570's that come in Red and Black?

ie: What is the difference between this:
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1570

And this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG1570

The reason I'm asking is the music shop where I'm going to be buying it only has the RG1570 mirage blue in stock (which is fine), but the thing is he said that the new version costs more because it supposedly is made from different wood (not basswood) and because of the different finish. I can't seem to find any information regarding different woods being used, even Ibanez's site says the new ones use basswood.

Is this sales associate completely wrong, or am I missing something? Thanks a lot guys.

TL;DR - Is the only thing that is different about the old mirage blue/red RG1570's and the new Red/Black RG1570's the finish?
there is no difference in any of the RG1570's besides the color.

the first ones where mirage red and mirage blue. the red was discontinued and the new black and candy apple red colors came in

besides the colors they are all the same. the new ones and the old ones

i have one for sale if you're interested
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Both are MIJ and both are basswood.Same pups and trem,the only difference that I can see is the finish.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Alright, sounds good to me, thanks for the replies.

i have one for sale if you're interested

Thanks, I would be, but I'm really looking forward to having it for spring break, plus I'm sure shipping to Canada would be killer, and never mind customs o.O. Appreciate it though.
okay, no worries.

it's a great guitar BTW you should get it in Mirage Blue,that finish is just heaven.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Yeah that's actually the only finish they have in, so it looks like I'll be sticking with that. (It's what I would have chose anyway, so it worked out well).
Be quick 'cos new stock in will be at the higher price, you can be sure. Some Ibanez models in UK have risen almost 50%
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I always get confused with the Trems on IBZs...

What order do these trems go in, in terms of how good they are?

Edge III
Edge Pro
Edge Zero
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I always get confused with the Trems on IBZs...

What order do these trems go in, in terms of how good they are?

Edge III
Edge Pro
Edge Zero

Edge III: pretty mediocre; best avoided

Edge Pro and Zero: quality trems.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!