Hopefully this is in the right thread, but I was wondering if you guys could give me any goods bands where the lead singer has really incredible stage presence? I'm trying to work on mine, so I'm just looking for some ideas, and maybe a few pointers. I've been watching Axl Rose (whether you like G'NR or not, you have to admit he has stage presence) and Robert Plant, so any others would be great. Thanks
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Definately check out Alice Cooper, He is so awesome(Went to his concert in Vernon, ****ing amazing). Also, Lenny Kravitz. He has lots of balls, In Kelowna he went all around the hockey rink walking during a song(forget the name).
Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, James Hetfield, Bruce Dickinson, Phil Alsemo, Roger Daltry, Ozzy Osbourne.

There's some of em.
Hopefully no one kills me for this but Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day can definitely get a crowd worked up. If you want to find ways to get a crowd involved I'd check him out.
as weird as it may seem, Doug Robb from Hoobastank has excellent stage presence and energy. it would be worth while to check him out.
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden once said in a documentary something he had learned from his idol, Ian Gillan (Deep Purple).

"Look 'em in the eye!"
Basically you gotta just communicate with the crowd is what he's saying.
David Byron (RIP) who was the first singer with Uriah Heep. No-one I ever saw commanded an audience like him. Should be some youtube clips.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

All Idols Fall.

Seriously, youtube one of their gigs. They're pretty new, but their singer has the biggest stage presence of any band I've ever seen, especially for a band that's usually the first support.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
The key is to be natural, confident, and powerful. Just believe in your own omnipitent energy and get up there and give it to the crowd.
Vince Neil(Motley Crue)
Steven Tyler(Aerosmith)
Phil Anselmo(Pantera)
Sebastian Bach(Skid Row)
Bruce Dickinson(Iron Maiden)
Rob Zombie(White Zombie/solo)
Steve Whiteman(Kix)
Phil Lewis(L.A. Guns)
Jizzy Pearl(Love/Hate)

all of which are incredible vocalist(each is unique of course) and get the crowd watching them at all times, do it right though. Dont rip anyone off and dont act like an asshole you can only do that when u make it lol.
I still think the best frontmen are/were Roger Daltrey and Robert Plant. Hands down.
They evoke this energy when they get onstage that makes them seems a thousand times larger than they are.
Marilyn Manson during the bands "Antichrist Superstar" and "Mechanical Animals" eras. Just look up songs like "Angel with the scabbed wings" and "Antichrist Superstar" on youtube (especially during the "Dead to the World" tour, there's a great upload from a show in Hamilton, Canada), very good stage presence.
Bruce Springsteen has great stage presence. As does Freddie Mercury, Kurt Kobain, ect.
Mick Jaggar, Axl, and David Lee Roth instantly come to mind.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
The reason Jim Morrison had such awesome stage presence, was because you never knew what the **** he was going to do that night.

He could stand there with his back to the audience and just alternate between singing and swigging from a bottle of whiskey.

Or he would be staring at the audience like a crazy person, do a native american war dance between vocal parts, yell obscenities at the audience, and swig from a bottle of whiskey. Sometimes he would even just take out his penis and yell "Your all a bunch of ****in slaves!" at the audience.

You never knew what you were going to see.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Quote by DeathMask
Sometimes he would even just take out his penis and yell "Your all a bunch of ****in slaves!" at the audience.

"The confusion and taunts led to some out-of-control situations, such as Morrison allegedly exposing his penis, which resulted in an abrupt end to the show after only one hour."

As far as I'm aware, there was no-one on or near the stage who saw Morrison do this. I'm fairly sure I've read statements from people saying that Morrison told the crowd that he was going to show them his penis, then stuck a finger through his fly.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Nick Cave
from Nick cave and the bad seedss
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
papa roaches lead singer, I saw them open for a7x and they (the opening band) were way more energetic, He ran out onto the floor into the seats, across the floor to the other side of the rink (it was at a hocky stadium), while singing the entire time, I don't like there music much but they're fun to watch.
that dude from the who... check out the way he twists the mic
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
... but in the end just should just do what's natural to you.

do not imitate your idols' things, like scream for me *city* (dickinson) or how does it feel to be alive? (hetfield)

Come up with your own stuff

If you steal and somebody will notice they'll just take you for a fanboy. so would I at least
You like it
The guy from Iron Maiden
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by linus.d
... but in the end just should just do what's natural to you.

do not imitate your idols' things, like scream for me *city* (dickinson) or how does it feel to be alive? (hetfield)

Come up with your own stuff

If you steal and somebody will notice they'll just take you for a fanboy. so would I at least

i agree, but axl rose stole the snake dance from some dude on the sunset strip, and no one notices, or cares. he'd just pogo around like the sex pistols 'singer' before that. then he became a frontman god.

thread hijack: how do you command an audience when you play guitar and sing and cant move away from the mic stand?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
thread hijack: how do you command an audience when you play guitar and sing and cant move away from the mic stand?

Dry hump the mic.
Alot.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk

look at the crowd. if you can see them, look at people in the eye.

if you ever saw School of Rock, the power stance is something to try out to.

the key is to take up as much space as you can, and try to look power full. no looking at your fret board. whenever you get a chance, grab the mic stand and move around a little.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
One name:
Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage and Blood Has Been Shed
That guy ****ing commands the crowd. One of the best performer and stage presence I've seen.

And sorry if I annoy anyone buy bringing this thread back after 4 days.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Seconding:
Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)
Roger Daltry (The Who)

Those two guys pretty much wrote the book on rock stage presence. Untouchable. Everyone else just tries to be like them.

Adding:

Jon Bon Jovi - Seriously.... I saw them and wasn't expecting much. I was blown away. That man commands a crowd such that all he has to do is make a gesture with one of his hands and the whole place just explodes. Un-friggin'-believable.

Obscure artist - guy from Indiana named Henry Lee Summer. He had some success back late '80's/early '90's. For the first while, you watch and think he's a whack-job. After that, you're fully engaged in his energy and how much fun he is having on stage. Also, very personable and totally unpretentious. You leave the show feeling like you've just met the most genuinely warm and funny guy.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.