Do you guys know (personally or not) any eccentric musicians? If yes, then share your stories! I'll start; I made friends with one of the employees in our local music shop and this guy completely breaks the stereotype of the typical metalhead, you'd never expect that he was in a pretty successful underground death metal band.
He listens to almost every genre of music, even music that would be weird to us, and he manages to apply it in his playing. His favorite guitar is a headless Steinberger with no controls and a working humbucker. and just 2 weeks ago he told me what his next guitar would be, a Squire Hello Kitty Strat. anyway you guys probably have more, post away!
Quote by Zeppelin08
I busted a nut because my g-string was too tight.

Quote by rexreeper99
Hendrix. he played jazz right? lol. im real bad with names.

i guess jazz could work

add me up http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cactus/
This guy sounds like a Paul Masvidal wannabe to me.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Yeah I know this flute player, he's crazy. He's in jail right now for multiple accounts of rape and paedophilia but I just know he's innocent
RULE BRITANNIA
ian anderson from jethro tull... watch they're live videos... hes pretty odd. im pretty eccentric... but i dont know me >_> what
My ex-guitarist was nuts... When we finished working on our first (and only) song a few years back he was convinced that we would be famous in a month and started buying new guitars and amps, though this was probably something to do with all the drugs he was doing.

I wouldn't say your hello-kitty man is eccentric, maybe he's just trying to diversify. I listen to Pink Floyd and The Doors (as well as contemporary growlers, obviously) and almost all of what I play is Black Metal - A little bit of diversity goes a long way if you're creating music.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
^OMG!!! The Doors and black metal??!! No way!!! You are so eccentric!!!^

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Why has no one yet said Jimmy Page?
With all the occult stuff? And surveying his crowd with his arm like a sorceror?
lol. Legend.
Frank Zappa was pretty out there.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
Zappa

Edit: ^ FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Peter Steele...

>_>
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
An alchoholic in our town just so happens to be the most talented drummer/guitarist and singer in our town too. Seriously, he rivals Kiske with his epic power metal vocals. I speak to him alot, I was walking down past the pub, he came out and he said "I bet your a guitarist". He said he knew because of my hair. Then we got onto talking about old speed/power metal. Cool guy, but like I said, complete druggie/alchoholic.
Frank Zappa
Screamin' Jay Hawkins (the guy that made 'I put a spell on you')
Quote by dio_dude
An alchoholic in our town just so happens to be the most talented drummer/guitarist and singer in our town too. Seriously, he rivals Kiske with his epic power metal vocals. I speak to him alot, I was walking down past the pub, he came out and he said "I bet your a guitarist". He said he knew because of my hair. Then we got onto talking about old speed/power metal. Cool guy, but like I said, complete druggie/alchoholic.

Interesting, you have a mini guitar shaved into your head?
None of my musician friends are eccentric really, some are borderline strange, a couple are just great interesting guys, and others are just dull stereotypes, or the ones who are kidding themselves they're musicians, but will just become an accountant soon.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
None of my musician friends are eccentric really, some are borderline strange, a couple are just great interesting guys, and others are just dull stereotypes, or the ones who are kidding themselves they're musicians, but will just become an accountant soon.

Account-core.

Sounds gr1m, possibly even kvlt.
Quote by Jackolas
Account-core.

Sounds gr1m, possibly even kvlt.

Nothing more trve than making sure people are keeping good records of their taxes. Azberwealthrott are one insanely gr1m Blackened Accountacy band.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Liberace, Elton John, David Bowie, Prince, etc.
glitter, assless pants, make-up and sexual ambiguity galore

Björk
looks like a pixie when she's not dressed up like poultry

Gentle Giant
dress up like LARPies, while the drummer is "f*ck that, i'm wearing my baseball outfit"

Magma, The Polyphonic Spree
dress up like cultists, are probably aliens in disguise

Richard D James (Aphex Twin)
creepiest guy in the world, owns a tank

Trey Spruance (Mr Bungle, Secret Chiefs 3)
rocks facial hair that's been out of style since the renaissance
Quote by freddaahh
Nothing more trve than making sure people are keeping good records of their taxes. Azberwealthrott are one insanely gr1m Blackened Accountacy band.

That band is tr00ly br00tal, with a very tr00 sound. You can clearly hear in the lyrical content and bl4ck4nD guitar work they are inspired by all the credit crunching.
Quote by Hakanku
Screamin' Jay Hawkins (the guy that made 'I put a spell on you')

Glad someone mentioned him, though I think that his musical style was more out there than his actual personality.
There is this guy who works in my local guitar shop.
He is worth so much money that he doesnt even need to work but he says he just does it to keep him off the streets.
He is a complete nutcase!
When i worked there he would often be seen chasing collegues and costomers round the store. He is, however, one of the funnyist guys I know and is an insane guitarest.
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
I ATE a whole whale once, I think that makes me eccentric.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by flabber.gast
Liberace, Elton John, David Bowie, Prince, etc.
glitter, assless pants, make-up and sexual ambiguity galore

Björk
looks like a pixie when she's not dressed up like poultry

Gentle Giant
dress up like LARPies, while the drummer is "f*ck that, i'm wearing my baseball outfit"

Magma, The Polyphonic Spree
dress up like cultists, are probably aliens in disguise

Richard D James (Aphex Twin)
creepiest guy in the world, owns a tank

Trey Spruance (Mr Bungle, Secret Chiefs 3)
rocks facial hair that's been out of style since the renaissance

Got to love some Zeuhl
Quote by Orbit91
Got to love some Zeuhl

not every day i see a fellow Magma fan

This guy + a large choir in identical black robes and bigass medallions = crazy awesome

I get called eccentric a lot, and I'm a musician.

..Actually, I usually get called weird.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.