On my bands Myspace, if I upload a cover of a Bullet For My Valentine song, and clearly state I dont own the song or anything, is it still illegal?

Or is it totally not allowed, no covers on Myspace?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
iv seen plenty of covers on myspace.i think its fine as long as you dont make any money from it
Possibly illegal but nobody will care.

As SlightOffense said, it's probably fine, the music industry only cares if it means they lose out on money.
Check the copyright for dummies thread. I bumped it for you so it is on the first page again now - though it is in the Musician Talk forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18707130#post18707130

article #3 post 13 and follow-up in post 21.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
yes it violates copyright laws, but will anyone care... probably not
Even if they were allowed on MySpace, it's still illegal. We've had this discussion about a thousand times here in the Bandleading forum. Maybe we need a nice big Bandleading FAQ for questions like this.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....