Page 1 of 2
http://www.fhm.com/daily-links/wtf/facebooks-new-terms-of-service-20090219

Facebook has quietly deleted a crucial part of their TOS – Terms of Service – which previously stated that once you close your account, they no longer have access to your personal details. Damn right. But by removing this from the TOS, it suggests that they can do anything they want with your content... forever! Of course this is only of interest to the 14 – or so – million people who have an account with the infamous social networking site...

bit harsh, glad I'm not on FB. thoughts?
It says here this man is a fan of Rage Against The Machine! I'm sure we can use this information to our advantage...

There's nothing on my Facebook that I wouldn't want anyone to see, anyway.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Drat, just after I wrote all my bank details on there for safekeeping too!
I have very few good photos and hardly any personal info on their. I don't know of any government/crime organization that cares about me so meh.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
No Facebook for me..
Whoo.. I guess...?

Why would anyone in the right mind want to stir that much controversy and receive a bad reputation?

Edit: In Soviet Russia, you own Facebook
Last edited by Cianyx at Feb 20, 2009,
im tired of facebook already
they even talk about that **** in the news
i dont use it
that sucks but i guess for all the people who do use it
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
oh no! Facebook know my Age and Name..

whats the fuss about?
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
its not like i have anything top secret in facebook...
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Same, I got 1 picture uploaded so I'm in the clear.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
they backed down a few days ago over the issue. why because people complained because it wasn't quietly deleted. they put it on people's login pages that there had been a page. Also, this story is already quite old, but what do you expect if you get your news from FHM.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Well I guess the people who post every little detail about their life is ****ed.

I'm all good.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Facebook : Making logical people want to hit their head against the nearest wall for about 10 minutes and self-humiliating people since... Whenever.

Some of the stuff people post on there is painfully embarrassing.

"I just.. want.. him" every day.

Also - I doubt most people on there complaining about the privacy laws really care or understand do they.
Quote by DimebagJosho
Well I guess the people who post every little detail about their life is ****ed.

I'm all good.

Well they post that **** in the first place so obviously they are okay with sharing their personal life with the world.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It says here this man is a fan of Rage Against The Machine! I'm sure we can use this information to our advantage...

What about the n00dz in your private folder?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Youtube should do something similar but legal and ethical, so we can get all the old videos taking the piss out of people here
Quote by Jackolas
Facebook : Making logical people want to hit their head against the nearest wall for about 10 minutes and self-humiliating people since... Whenever.

Some of the stuff people post on there is painfully embarrassing.

"I just.. want.. him" every day.
Says more about the intelligence of your friends, surely? There are plenty of awful books out there, but does that reflect badly on the medium as a whole?

Anyway, they backed down straight away on the privacy issue after consumer rights groups threatened to sue.
Quote by smb
Says more about the intelligence of your friends, surely? There are plenty of awful books out there, but does that reflect badly on the medium as a whole?

Anyway, they backed down straight away on the privacy issue after consumer rights groups threatened to sue.

They aren't really friends. It's facebook, the internetz... It's all for entertainment value! Well I hope so, because they really do post some God awful ****.

Facebook have been hammered over the privacy issues since it went public.
Quote by JackalUK
Drat, just after I wrote all my bank details on there for safekeeping too!
THEY FOUND ME OH SHI-
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pretty sure they turned it back to the previous version after the media got their hands on that info.

Ironic, since recently the DÄily MÄil posted some pictures of a girl (that one who didn't know her mum or dad but found them through BookFace or some ****) without her permission.

I think it was legal for them to do so as well. Damn small print!
Wouldn't I have had to resign/agree to their new terms of service?

...and yes they have already turned it back, because of the bad rap they're receiving.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
i don't understand what the real problem is - there is nothing i have on there that 100s of people can't see anyway!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pretty sure they turned it back to the previous version after the media got their hands on that info.

I think they were just gonna change the wording again.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
damn it!

i just know they're going to use that picture of me making a funny face to ruin my chances of becoming the next CEO of the food and drug corporation.

As well as overthrowing the governments based in south america so that my assassination slips under the public eye..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
In the words of Lethal Bizzle...

... aw shit
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
In all seriousness, with the way the world is unfolding around us, users/future users of FaceBook and other social networking sites will most likely sign up and maintain their accounts until their death.

Now Frankly, It creeps me out that a company has access to all that information. But if you're half-smart with it, then you won't screw yourself over.

The lesson to be learned here is: Don't do stupid things online. The majority of people who have a serious problem with this probably put some stupid pictures on FaceBook at some point, couldn't get a job because of them, and tried deleting their accounts.
Since I only have spam accounts, I'm sure they'll love to have the details of the daughter of that infamous Zulu warrior and her brother.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
As freedom and someone else have mentioned
They've retracted it

They're going back to the drawing board and trying to strike a middle-ground that both sides can be happy with

Not only that
But how much privacy do you think you have when post something on the internet? I know the key demographic of Facebook seems to be people foaming at the mouth while attempting to bite their own ears, but seriously? The internet is hardly the safest place to put something you're worried about privacy...
Well, unless you're a witless turd, you don't put info on facebook you don't want other people to see. That's stupid.

The worse they can do is share info about me on the internet and send spam mail.

Oh wait, I share my info on the internet, and I get fuck loads of spam. Actually, 3,600 emails I consider spam, unread.
Quote by Facebook
A couple of weeks ago, we revised our terms of use hoping to clarify some parts for our users. Over the past couple of days, we received a lot of questions and comments about the changes and what they mean for people and their information. Based on this feedback, we have decided to return to our previous terms of use while we resolve the issues that people have raised.

Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
IIRC, the terms you agreed top when signing up are the ones that apply.
Right?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
After reading this, I've just deactivated my account, and left them a message asking them to delete all the data they have on me.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by Simsimius
IIRC, the terms you agreed top when signing up are the ones that apply.
Right?

Not if they change them and tell you, terms can change so long as parties are agreed
If you don't agree, you complain and leave, if they fix it, you can return, otherwise get over your problem with them or live without.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
After reading this, I've just deactivated my account, and left them a message asking them to delete all the data they have on me.

I have your IP addresses forever too.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Page 1 of 2