Quote by Indiemad
Does anyone know how to turn a guitar effect pedal into a bass pedal???

also any other advice on how i mod pedals

wouldnt you just plug it into a bass not a guitar
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
wouldnt you just plug it into a bass not a guitar

No.

And... why would you want to do that when there's a wide assortment of pedals for bass?

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
you have a few options...

you bought a guitar pedal, why not buy a bass pedal?
you think this effect will sound good with bass, you obviously acquired this knowledge from somewhere, whether you tried it, or someone else did, or an effect was made for bass, etc.
learn to read schematics, pick up a few for bass pedals.
build bass pedals.

At the moment for you, I'd suggest simply saving up for bass pedals.

google "bass phase pedal" and god only knows, you might find something useful..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
The easiest way to get a better bass tone would most likely be swapping an Input Capacitor or one of the Tone Capacitors. I've modded a few pedals before but I've not done that one. Google "Phaser Mod" put the specific name of the pedal in there too. Should find something.
-Joe
If it's anything like a wah pedal (which it probably is not), then all you do is change one resistor.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I've seen Justin Chancellor from tool using a lot of guitar effects, but I'm not sure whether they've been modded internally or not.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by BD 425
If it's anything like a wah pedal (which it probably is not), then all you do is change one resistor.

Its the changing of one capacitor.

Most pedals it takes a complete overhaul to convert the filters to that of the bass frequcny.
arent boss pedals generally s***?

though it does seem that the PH-3 is capable of handling both guitar and bass, and i have seen other pedals like that as well.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Have you played a bass through it yet? If not, try it. The frequency should have no effect on the operation of the pedal. If anything it would just sound thin.
-Joe
Quote by kurtlives91
Its the changing of one capacitor.

Most pedals it takes a complete overhaul to convert the filters to that of the bass frequcny.

Bleh, my bad. I've done that mod, too i'm an idiot.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
a lot of pedals work fine with bass. its more the fact that the pedal is optimized for guitar frequencies, so bass doesnt get the full effect. this is more the case on pedals that have tone knobs and the like. im pretty sure most phasers work fine for bass. otherwise, you just have to swap out a cap or two to set the center frequencies to work better for bass. changing a cap or two isnt a hard mod, but which cap depends on the pedal.