Hey guys i was thinking of buying a new electric guitar so i need some suggestions...

My budget is kinda tight around 500 euros(don't know how much on dollars )
Play mostly metal like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.

Thanks in advance!!!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
If you're still using that MG, I'd use that money for a new amp to be honest, it will affect your tone much more.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Look quite generally at Schecter, Jackson, ESP all those lot really, see what fits the bill then ask for personal opinions.
I don't have any amp problem 'cause i'm using a friend's jcm 900

So I saw some good esp's and a schecter at thomann (at least i think they're good)

The esp ltd m-200 uc and the m401(which kinda gets off my budget- active pickups)
http://www.thomann.de/gr/esp_ltd_m200uc.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/esp_ltd_m400_bk.htm

and the schecter diamond damien special
http://www.thomann.de/gr/schecter_diamond_damien_special_fr_cr.htm
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm not sure about the washburn... I mean the m400 seems much better and has active pickups already!!! The only difference is in the woods.

I think i'll go for the m400, replace the one emg 81 with an 85 and rock the hell out of it!!!

If any1 has seen something better plz let me know
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Quote by FretKiller
I'm not sure about the washburn... I mean the m400 seems much better and has active pickups already!!! The only difference is in the woods.

I think i'll go for the m400, replace the one emg 81 with an 85 and rock the hell out of it!!!

If any1 has seen something better plz let me know

Much better? You're kidding right.
1. Replacing the neck pickup with an 85 will mean you spend the exact same amount you would have spent on the washburn.
2. The Alder with EMGs on the M400 will sound ridiculously bright. I think Mahogany with a quilt top will be smoother.
3. The M400 has a cheap LFR.
4. The M400 is ugly as fuck. Opinion of course.

Uh huh.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 22, 2009,
My friend has an M-400.. It's alright.. I agree with Horlicks, the guitar looks pretty boring and kinda ugly. Look up some Jacksons and Deans aswell
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Horlicks
Much better? You're kidding right.
1. Replacing the neck pickup with an 85 will mean you spend the exact same amount you would have spent on the washburn.
2. The Alder with EMGs on the M400 will sound ridiculously bright. I think Mahogany with a quilt top will be smoother.
3. The M400 has a cheap LFR.
4. The M400 is ugly as ****. Opinion of course.

Uh huh.

To tell you the truth i wasn't sure about it... The only thing is that i really want the guitar to stay in tune(as everyone else i imagine) and i thought that even the lisenced fr would do the job!!! You seem to know more than me(i'm kinda n00b when it comes to these things):P I wanted the m400 cause it already had active pickups so the electronics wouldn't need much work(less money).What i didn't like is the thing with the woods, are you sure that it will sound ****?? And really is thomann reliable 'cause i've heard alot about it
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Quote by FretKiller
To tell you the truth i wasn't sure about it... The only thing is that i really want the guitar to stay in tune(as everyone else i imagine) and i thought that even the lisenced fr would do the job!!! You seem to know more than me(i'm kinda n00b when it comes to these things):P I wanted the m400 cause it already had active pickups so the electronics wouldn't need much work(less money).What i didn't like is the thing with the woods, are you sure that it will sound ****?? And really is thomann reliable 'cause i've heard alot about it

What are you talking about? The Washburn has active pickups, an 81 and 85.
Quote by Horlicks
What are you talking about? The Washburn has active pickups, an 81 and 85.

Didn't mention it at thomann...:P If it already has active pickups then i'm definately going for the washburn!!! Oh and is this guitar the same you have??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Quote by FretKiller
Didn't mention it at thomann...:P If it already has active pickups then i'm definately going for the washburn!!! Oh and is this guitar the same you have??

Near enough. Mine has Duncs and Quilt top instead. Should play exactly the same though.
Quote by Horlicks
Near enough. Mine has Duncs and Quilt top instead. Should play exactly the same though.

Now you made my day!!! Thx for your help man, i really appreciate it. Do you think that it will look good at black? Yours is really a beauty! And finally should i get it from thomann or somewhere else? Tnx again
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
I haven't seen the black one. Red looks gorgeous though.

I think Thomann should be fine, I've never had issues.
Quote by Horlicks
I haven't seen the black one. Red looks gorgeous though.

I think Thomann should be fine, I've never had issues.

So you mean you have bought from them??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin