Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a modded BOSS MT-2 pedal by Robert Keeley? I've been looking around his site and listened to the audio clips there and they sound pretty good; but then again, so do the audio clips on the BOSS website as well.

If anyone has one of these, what do you think of it? Would it be worth it to send my MT-2 in and get the mod?

I know the MT-2 isn't the best pedal in the world and has a lot of "fans" who like to tell everyone how much it sucks ... that's why I'm looking at getting a better sound out of it.

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi,
I've heard good things about the Keely mod, wheather its worth anything to you depends on what your options are. frankly, i'd go for something else. i've had my MT-2 for years now, an ex-girlfriend gave it to me for my 18th birthday. its own distortion is friggin aweful, but i get great use out of it as a boost pedal. try putting it in front of a tube amp with an already driven sound. on the MT-2, Level up, distortion at zero and eq to taste. beats the sh1t out of a tubescreamer.
He sucks out the bees and turns it into a respectable pedal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by TheDriller
Hi,
I've heard good things about the Keely mod, wheather its worth anything to you depends on what your options are. frankly, i'd go for something else. i've had my MT-2 for years now, an ex-girlfriend gave it to me for my 18th birthday. its own distortion is friggin aweful, but i get great use out of it as a boost pedal. try putting it in front of a tube amp with an already driven sound. on the MT-2, Level up, distortion at zero and eq to taste. beats the sh1t out of a tubescreamer.

The Mt-2 also has a higher output at that setting compared to the Tube screamer.

I've never tried the mod before, the Mt-2 for me does what it has to do.
True, higher output,

in all fairness, the MT-2 distortion is fukin aweful. i used to be on the whole "oh, its not that bad..." bandwagon untill i bought a box of sense and realised it was garbage. as i said though its a great booster.