(my english sucks sorry)

Hey .. i play ska/reggae stuff so barre chords are very important for this kind of music (from what i know)

first question!

is it wrong if i play lets say C major on 8th fret (u know with the usual barre finger position) instead of going on 3rd fret and killing my self trying to fit 3 fingers on one fret .. i hope u understand what i m trying to say .. ! (The ppl who knows barre chords i m sure they got it)

i find it very hard to play the Major Chords especially on the highest ones like D,D#,E. So if i keep moving up my barre position until 12th fret is it wrong to play the chords like this??
Its perfectly fine! All a matter of preference (and so some extent, what notes you want to sound)
thanks!!!!!!!!!!! .. love ur avatar :P thats akuma right?? sf4 is out! :P
Last edited by goldfinger69 at Feb 20, 2009,
That is correct, but at the third fret Cmaj, instead of barring the third fret and putting the other three fingers all on the same fret, you could just barre the third fret and then use your ring finger to barre the three strings at the fifth fret. If that makes sense to you.

But all in all, yeah, you could just go to the 8th fret.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
That is correct, but at the third fret Cmaj, instead of barring the third fret and putting the other three fingers all on the same fret, you could just barre the third fret and then use your ring finger to barre the three strings at the fifth fret. If that makes sense to you.

But all in all, yeah, you could just go to the 8th fret.

yeah i saw many live videos and i was wondering "whats this position" yeah that makes sense .. that is not the correct/right way like we see on tutorials/video lessons but i ll try this out .. hope this will work for me .. thanks
damn its funny but i cant keep my pinky on the air .. it goes under the fretboard and makes this hard to go back in normal barre position .. :p i really suck haha .. ..