Hi guys,

I'm looking for a comp/sustain pedal but I don't want to break the bank with it. I have a friend who owns a Boss CS-3 and it sounds awesome, but its also like $160 at Billy Hydes and thats a but much for me at the moment. I was looking around and saw a Behringer DC9 Dynamics Compressor which looks like it is okay, judging by reviews over at harmony-central. It's also only $60.

Is there a massive difference in quality? If its anything like the other Behringer plastic models then I might splurge on the Boss.

Your thoughts?
He died... Yes, He died in a bizarre gardening accident.
Last edited by paul_wilson at Feb 20, 2009,
Australia, prices are all BS.
They're about 190-200 i think
The BOSS one is okay, I've heard nothing but good things about the MXR one though... I wouldn't touch the Behringer one with a stick.
Anyone played with the Line 6 Constrictor? I'm leaning towards the Boss one I think
People welcome to the blight of Australian's..**** is ****ing expensive here. Mate look at the MXR Compressors, The Dyna Comp's about $200 at billy i think. It's a lot better then the boss, there's also a super comp, i've heard that's good too.

Just make sure you bargain with them, just ask "What's the best price you can give me" and they'll slash like 20% of anything. For the love of god don't be a cheapass and buy a behringer, they're digital pieces of crap...just expensive paperweights.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3