i stumbled across a guitar i suppose about a year ago now, in a guitar shop that mostly sells used guitars. so they get all kinds of stuff. im a regular there, and am friends with the guy who owns the place, so he says he's got the perfect guitar and that id love it. so he takes me to this solid silver/slate guitar. i see that its a fender...im not a fan of fender. yet, this isnt the normal strat or blues guitar or whatever. im a metal guy, and obviously a strat isnt appealing because of that. but this one does look like nothing ive ever seen before, and its got ONE pickup. which turns out to be the DP100 Dimarzio Super Distortion. its also got a floating tremelo, not a floyd. 24 frets, no inlays, locking tuners, and nothing control wise but a volume knob.

i did research and its a Fender Showmaster Special Edition Celtic H. its no where on the fender website, i found this on some random site. i payed 400 bucks for this guitar, perfect condition doesnt even look like its been touched, yet sites are valuing it pretty high.

anyone ever heard of this guitar? cause i havent.

EDIT: Ill get pictures later.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
It cant be that man TS said it had a floating trem
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
uh thats the right model. except its stratish. haha. but thats almost exact minus the threat inlay and it being telecaster. it DOES have a floating trem, but that could be custom or something, as i said it was used.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Quote by thewhorock

yep thats the one, exactly.

so why is this not a popular guitar?! its from what i understand(and im no fender scholar), its one of the few if not fenders only real attempt to compete with other guitars in the metal genre. this guitar is one of the heaviest sounding guitars ive ever played, and distortion wise, not much competes. i dont see why this isnt popular or why fender would cancel it. seems to me they should have promoted this, because it would have drawn in a lot of customers i think.
if you think of fender starts you think of 3 single coils not a humbucker any how companies like ibanez, esp and schecter have years on them in making guitars targeted at metal players
It probably didnt sell too well so they decided to cut it, but that looks damn sexyfine
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
heck yeah, the downside is, the only pickup is super distortion. and it only has the volume control. meaning, the clean channel is very poor. and if you are playing anthing melodic, the distortion proves to be too much. but for those heavy riffs, slipknot, haste the day, beneath the sky, all that stuff this thing is just perfect for.

but your right, when it comes to my hellraiser, this thing just cant keep up.