i have an ibanez rgr321ex...and i honestly think its ****..because of my amp a randal rx15...the feed back is ultra sonic and the humming is like taking a baseball bat and smashing a bee hive..and the crackling is like burning the entire amazon side shores
god dammit im gonna smash the amp right now...it makes my guitar sound like ****

glad i got that outta my system thanks xD

now is this amp any good? i got a price range of 320 dollars max + foot switch

i want this amp to be good on my current guitar..and im getting an epiphone les paul

im into hard rock,classic rock and heavy metal..i wanna be satisfied..if this isnt a good amp..any suggestions? i want tubes+digital tech so i want hybrid

thanks alot
look at the vox valvetronics ad30vtxl it is mor suited to heavier styles of music whilst having an ac30 model
I would recommend loking at the Vox Valvetronix's series, especially the new VT lineup, which feature more amp models and different effects. the 30W model is around $269.00 depending on where you buy it.

Also, i wouldn't sell your guitar. The Epi Les Pauls have horrible pick-ups (definitely worse than the stock ones in your Ibanez).

EDIT: I only just saw that the title of the thread was the amp i just recommended...
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
Last edited by Narchbishop at Feb 20, 2009,
I'm not a big fan of the valvetronix. You may want to try before you buy.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
When it comes to amps, you should always try before you buy. I wouldn't have bought that Line 6 Spider if i had heard how crap the tone was.
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
I'd go for the fender super champ XD instead of the vox.The fender is a 15 watt tube amp with built in effects and models,so you still get the modeling and features,but with tubes.I use one for practice/lower volumes and it covers clean to hard rock well,and can do metal with a booster or OD thrown in.The combo with the footswitch will run about 320 USD.Well,there's my 2 cents,good luck shopping.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

thanks a **** load for the feed back..but the problem about trying **** myself..is that i come from egypt..we have no stores ..or we do but real ****ty stuff..TMs you ve never hurd of be4

anyway i checked the super champ XD and it seems nice too..a bit more $ but its ok..its 15 watt though.. so i dunno which to choose..i want my tone to be as hard rock as possible..bright and smooth like water ..i want a sound like that
so which should i go for..the fender superchamp XD or the one i already asked about?
thanks alot guys..really this is gonna help me out without trying i hope
i heard a video review of the super champ on youtybe and all the chanels sounded like american country and western
Quote by BBoyBlaZe
thanks a **** load for the feed back..but the problem about trying **** myself..is that i come from egypt..we have no stores ..or we do but real ****ty stuff..TMs you ve never hurd of be4

anyway i checked the super champ XD and it seems nice too..a bit more $ but its ok..its 15 watt though.. so i dunno which to choose..i want my tone to be as hard rock as possible..bright and smooth like water ..i want a sound like that
so which should i go for..the fender superchamp XD or the one i already asked about?
thanks alot guys..really this is gonna help me out without trying i hope

It is 15 watts,but it's a tube amp,so it's a very loud 15 watts,louder than a 30 watt solid state or hybrid amp.Like I said,it can handle rock with the right EQ settings and can do metal with a pedal in the mix.I'd take it over the vox since a few simple mods like replacing the stock speaker and tubes really makes the amp shine and opens up the tone more.The guy who said everything on it sounds like country doesn't know what he's talking about.I play a lot of different genres and I can get clean,blues,jazz,hard rock,and even metal tones out of it.What it can do largely depends on your tone shaping abilities as a guitarist and the kind of guitar you use with it.

A good setup with the super champ would be the amp with the tubes and speaker replaced to open it up, a decent guitar,and an EQ pedal like an MXR 10 band to add in some mids and more tonal control and to give your signal a boost when you want it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 20, 2009,
Hey, I have a VOX Valvetronix (lightly used) that I'm not using anymore. I could sell it for 150 if you want it. It's an alright amp. The options for voicing effects are incredible, but the amp lacks a true "clean" sound, and I needed a clean for the music I like to play.
the fender super champ xd seems mostly to have good cleans, but not any good overdrives with much gain. it looks like it models just fender amps, which have a reputation for great cleans. i dont hear any real metal or even classic rock sounds in it. i like how the valvetronix series have everything. i love high gain shred stuff and it has more gain than i could use on some of the metal amp models like the mesa dual rectifier (cali metal) with gain above 7. plus it has amazing british classic rock sounds, exactly what im looking for. and a couple of my dream amps, marshall silver jubilee and marshall jcm 900, are on there and sound good. i also love the ac30bm model.
I'd look into the Jet City 20 H+C or combo. It only has one channel, but it's great for hard rock.

Edit: The Valvetronix Series is a great starter amp.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
hmm i have a the advt 30 and it is actually quite a good amp for practice, it has a lot of modelling options and can do the tones pretty well. if you could stretch your budget however, i would recommend the advt50. the celestion speaker in it (no idea what model) really does make the tones that much sweeter (especially the cleans)
Quote by 7guitarist7
the fender super champ xd seems mostly to have good cleans, but not any good overdrives with much gain. it looks like it models just fender amps, which have a reputation for great cleans. i dont hear any real metal or even classic rock sounds in it. i like how the valvetronix series have everything. i love high gain shred stuff and it has more gain than i could use on some of the metal amp models like the mesa dual rectifier (cali metal) with gain above 7. plus it has amazing british classic rock sounds, exactly what im looking for. and a couple of my dream amps, marshall silver jubilee and marshall jcm 900, are on there and sound good. i also love the ac30bm model.

Why did u bump this ancient thread?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
It's a noisy little fucker with poorly designed controls and unbearable hiss. My brother has one, and while the tone's a slight improvement over his old Line 6 Spider, it's nothing spectacular. Also, its three or four volume controls don't.

In short, nothing worth bumping a 1 1/2 year old thread over. *reported*