Hi UG, first post btw

but yea i started my journey to be a "guitar master" about 3 months ago. I have basically been practicing scales and picking. just becoming fimilar and faster.

Anyway, it's time I started practicing chords and just get the basics. so today I started and Im having significant trouble with getting some of the notes to ring out of the Chords. Will my fingers eventually be able to not hold down other strings, or should I maybe practice a different way. I have long big fingers and It always seems like a tiny tiny part of my skin is holding down the wrong strings.

Before I even start practicing these, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it the right way.

any help appreciated, and thanks alot

peace.
yes. practice, practice, practice. just keep it up, and you will get it
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Yes it does take time and practise to get it right.

Try forming the chords then removing your fingers and wiggle them then replace them back onto the strings. You will then get faster and faster at doing this.

Then try switch between 2 chords back and forth. It will come with time and your think nothing of it!

Also I would recommend this too.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/the_ultimate_guide_to_guitar_chapter_ii_3_chords_-_basic_chord_progressions.html

Would also recommend learning the theory and Zeguitarist other lessons too.

Good luck
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper