Hi Everyone,
Last night I bought a Boss RC2 Loop pedal, and I feel a little disappointed. It seems great if you just want to practice with it, or you want to slowly build up a 'layered' audio clip. What I would really like to do with a loop pedal is be able to press a button (with my foot) that stops and erases the current audio, ready to start a new 'layered audio section'. It would also be great to slowly remove overdubs, so everything isn't just getting louder and more complicated, you can make it quiter too.
Does anything exist for this, or am I asking too much?
Cheers,
C
A computer.

Using a loop pedal involves certain skill and an acclimation to the necessary discretions involved in using it. You've got to learn to plan ahead.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Feb 20, 2009,
If you buy the footswitch to go with the RC-2 it gives you a bit more control... not alot though. I have that pedal too and it really is just for practicing, on-stage inputting and deleting, is just not really practical.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Really? I don't see why it's not possible to do that on a pedal... I can hardly drag a computer on stage How about a multi-pedal device, with each pedal holding a different overdub?
They make big expensive looping stations for exactly what your talking about. You just bought the LOWEST form of them. Even the RC-20XL is a little under-equipped for much use on stage. Have you messed with the "one shot" feature on the pedal though? Instead of looping continously when this mode is on, it will just play the loop once. So lets say you have a really complex chorus that you cannot play live, plug that into the one shot loop in its entirity. Then when performing you play your intro, and verse then hit the pedal and boom chorus. After its over, pick up with the verse. Other than that the only great use for it performing wise is having pre programmed simple loops that can run through a whole song. The main problem is if your set relies on this too much you'll be constantly leaning down to turn knobs, push buttons, etc.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well, the lowest form of loop pedal ran me 270 canadian... How much to get one of these things that can actually be used live / is more versatile? It works great if my song consists of ONE looping part, but how many songs are like that?
Last edited by Crispin_Java at Feb 20, 2009,
Ya man, I'm in the same boat. Dramamine by Modest Mouse is really the only song I've found that works super well for it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well that's pretty harsh... Glad I have a grace period for taking this thing back. My other pedals include a Diamond Fuzz / Cool-Cat Chorus / Tube Overdrive and I have a reverb on my vox tube amp. Any ideas on some cool equipment I could get instead?
keep it... i have improved in rhythm and harmony so much since i got that thing. invaluable for learning good technique not learning bad habits.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
keep it... i have improved in rhythm and harmony so much since i got that thing. invaluable for learning good technique not learning bad habits.

^
What he said.
You also get to practice clicking pedals.
Quote by Crispin_Java
Well that's pretty harsh... Glad I have a grace period for taking this thing back. My other pedals include a Diamond Fuzz / Cool-Cat Chorus / Tube Overdrive and I have a reverb on my vox tube amp. Any ideas on some cool equipment I could get instead?

Hey, I'm wondering on the same issue. Can someone provide some tips?

-Rogger
Quote by Crispin_Java
Well, the lowest form of loop pedal ran me 270 canadian... How much to get one of these things that can actually be used live / is more versatile? It works great if my song consists of ONE looping part, but how many songs are like that?

What? You paid $270 for an RC-2? They sell for like $190 new around here, $150 used. (Ottawa)

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
190? I'm near Toronto and I paid 230 minus tax (270 with)... I still think I'll take it back. It seems too limited to be worth that much money, and I would really like something that will help me live... I am very happy practicing with my acoustic and a computer, and if I use this thing all my songs will wind up starting with a chord loop and ending with 27 guitars soloing at the same time