Posting this for my friend's little brother (and, I guess for me too, haha). This kid's gonna be playing school dances with me and his older brother in a five piece (vox, two guitar, bass, drums) and he needs something powerful enough to play in a gym for about 300 kids unmiced. He's convinced he can do it with a used Crate 80 watter (dunno the model) he can get used for about $150, but I'm fairly sure that won't be enough power. He can't exactly drop a grand and a half on his rig, it needs to be under $500. I've heard very good things about the Ashdown MAG C410T-300, and the local shop appears to have one used in pretty good shape for $330. I'm gonna recommend it to him but is there any new stuff that can fit the bill for that price?
The Ashdown will do well
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
The ashdown will be perfect for what he needs.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Thanks, guys. I'll punch him until he buys the Ashdown, haha. Any thing else other than the Hartke he should look at new though?
Something from the Carvin website.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..