Well, I'm not liking this Blue marvel that comes stock in it much (it's got very little low end thump compared to its treble definition). I'm thinking I'll replace it... the only problem is I need something that can handle 75w for not ridiculously expensive (over $120 US). What I want is a speaker that keeps the treble but smoothes them a little and adds bass.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 20, 2009,
I was going to tell you to ask in the Vypyr thread until I saw it was you

I've got 1 Classic Lead 80 (80w) in my cab and bet something like that would work well. A Warehouse Veteran 30 is.......nevermind 60 watts I think.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I was going to tell you to ask in the Vypyr thread until I saw it was you

I've got 1 Classic Lead 80 (80w) in my cab and bet something like that would work well. A Warehouse Veteran 30 is.......nevermind 60 watts I think.

Well you know me, I lurv the vypyr!

Anyway, I think WGS makes a higher power version of the Veteran 30. Might go for that.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The speaker I've got in my Vypyr is a Celestion G12K-85 and it sounds like what you want. These days they call it a G12K-100 cause after more testing they found it could handle 100 watts. It definitely adds some low end and smooths the highs out a little.
can you record clips?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
bumpage?

Seriously guys, I need some help.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The G12K-100 has smooth mids and lots of bass. I would go with a texas heat. I have one and it sounds right up your alley.
Cool, I guess I will then.

now, I need to hear clips.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Ok, here goes, the news you maybe don't want to hear.
I have tried a LOT of speakers in my Vypyr 75. I ended up keeping a Swamp Thang in it, as it sounded best. But, to be honest, NONE of them made a real big difference in tone. I'd keep the Blue Marvel in there and save your money towards something else.