I wanna plug a cheap microphone (karaoke) into my PC and record it with Cubase.

How do I do this? I have no hardware and the computer is old w/ stock soundcard.

I know it will sound like shizzle but I will only be doing this for making vocal samples for electronic/house songs and the sounds will be heavily effected so quality is negligible.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Just plug the mic into the computer, then set the input accordingly on cubase. Simple as that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Just plug the mic into the computer, then set the input accordingly on cubase. Simple as that.

this
k koo'

Thanks. Finally, where do I plug in the mic? Don't fancy trial and errror between Cubase settings and plugging in the mic in every hole available.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

What's the connector on the mic, 1/8"? Plug it into the mic input on the back of the computer. I'm assuming you have a PC, so look for the colored circles. I think it's the green one, but I could be wrong. There should be little pictures next to the jacks.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
cool ill give it a go later.

thanks
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX