I want to now mic my amp up as i have now grown to hate the toneport Gx i feel it has no good models for metal! Anyways i was looking at a shure sm57 for a mic and i pressume i will need some sort of usb device to hook up to pc any suggestions? im trying to keep it as cheap as possible the sm57 is already £80, any cheaper mics that are almost as good?

Help is appreciated
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
just had a thought would it be better to connect the mic to a better sound card rather than a not so good usb device? I could do with some suggestions

Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
No because even the not great interfaces have a sound card designed for music. Look into the E-u 0202 it is actually a very good device. What is your actual budget?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
havnt really considored a budget not too expensive but relatively good recording quality, i looked in to the sm57 and apparently being a dynamic mic it doesnt perform as well in studio conditions compared to condenser mics?

i could do with some suggetsions here!
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Different tools for different jobs. Dynamic mics *tend* to be better for very loud sources without a lot of dynamics... like snare drums and guitar cabs. Condensors are not necessarily better than dynamics. It just depends on the application.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.