I just finished a house-ish remix of a Radiohead song off In Rainbows called "Seperate Our Shore" and an original electronic tune called "Sharjay Smeetoo". The Radiohead remix took me about a day to complete, but I worked like crazy. Take a listen to them here
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/sigurdrings/

Crit for crit appreciated.

EDIT: the new versions of these songs are now at this profile http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/djsleepylesbos/
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Last edited by aetherspear at Feb 26, 2009,
I think advertising companies would love your music, have you asked?

Keep up the good work. Sounds good, nice production.
Oh, i had a song called "Aether" what a coincidence.
First radiohead remix, ****ing good. It's got that ambient feel all over it.
Have you listened to "Selected Ambient Works 85-92" by Aphex Twin?
The beat in the second song really reminded me of him.
Nice production and good beats, and i agree on the fact that you should maybe use this is advertising, it wouldn't feel out of place at all.
all roads lead to rome
I'm listening to the Radiohead one at the moment. I just posted firstly to say the song is called Reckoner originally. Ill edit in a few mins to tell you what I think.

Edit*

I like what you've done, but it feels like its kinda held back. Either the beats could use a bit more punch and attack if you know what I mean, or the ambience should be a bit more overwhelming. I'd love to hear a new version though, if you're interested in changing it around a bit. Don't get me wrong though - I think it's quite good really.
Last edited by Jehuty at Feb 23, 2009,
Advertising? I didn't really think of that, nor would I know how to get into that.
Quote by Jehuty
I'm listening to the Radiohead one at the moment. I just posted firstly to say the song is called Reckoner originally. Ill edit in a few mins to tell you what I think.

Edit*

I like what you've done, but it feels like its kinda held back. Either the beats could use a bit more punch and attack if you know what I mean, or the ambience should be a bit more overwhelming. I'd love to hear a new version though, if you're interested in changing it around a bit. Don't get me wrong though - I think it's quite good really.

Of course I knew it's called Reckoner, I just wanted to give a suprise to those expecting creep or fake plastic trees or something.

I know what you mean, it does feel a bit monotone. I'm absolutely going to revise this, its just a matter of when. I'll let you know when I do. I need some more dynamics and excitement.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Last edited by aetherspear at Feb 23, 2009,
Not Bad. Kind of repetitious. Could use a little more variation to make it more interesting but not bad at all. Good effort. I will have to admit that it isn't my cup of tea music wise so take my criticism with a grain of salt.
Yeah I understand it's a bit repetitive. Hopefully the new version is a bit better.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
seperate our shore is great. I'd probably knock off the auto-tune though.

Out of interest how did you go about doing this track? Radiohead had parts for download didn't they?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Quote by mooshoepork
seperate our shore is great. I'd probably knock off the auto-tune though.

Out of interest how did you go about doing this track? Radiohead had parts for download didn't they?

The auto tune doesn't sound the best, only because Thom uses so much vibrato in those long notes, they waver like a full step up and down. Yeah I got the stems from their remix package, you can get them and the All I Need ones on Itunes. They gave me Drums/percussion, Guitars, Piano/strings, Lead Vocal, Harmony Vocals, and Bass.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Well I havent heard any of the songs before but the first one was pretty chill. I liked it! The second one was something that i would less likely listen to. Im just not a fan of all the talking. Around the 2:40 mark its pretty cool though.

I dont really know how to tell you to improve because I dont know what the originals are like. I can definately imagine these playing at some martini bar or something lol.

Good job.

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078680
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
^Did you have those reversed? The first one has all the speech in it, and that's Separate Our Shore. Thanks for the lounge atmosphere comment.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
first off thanks for the crit

now, on to more pressing matters; the radiohead remix is killer. really laid back and chill, i really got into it. very atmospheric and relaxing. i felt the breakdown in the middle broke the trance of the song though, over all it's great to listen to. i can picture myself listening to it again, mixed perfectly, well done.

as for the second track, i loved it again. serious crash out music once again. production on it is as close to any other electronica i've heard (and i'd be one of the few on this site that actually listens to that sort of thing). keep up the good work man!
Last edited by irishman at Mar 3, 2009,
Thanks man. I really like that middle section too, I had such a difficult time deciding what to do with the breakdown in the original song, I was going to skip it completely, until I figured that beat out. I'm glad I didn't.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group