has anyone played/purchased this Guitar
Opinions on it??
how does it play??
are the pickups good??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I think they are amazing for the money, but some people on here may say otherwise.

Most people "around", though - that have played them do like them a lot. Including me.
^ seriously ?!?!?!
just one UGer tried it??

im thinking of buying a guitar with a v shape and a GOOD Floyd......... and its the only one in my budget........
feel free to add me
Its one of the new Kramers right? Pickups are rather dark sounding, very freaking high ouput. I still have mine and they measure in the 24k range I believe. The magnets in them are ridiculously strong. Some people like them, I didn't its all personal preference. I found that taking out the tone pot and putting in a new CTS 500k volume pot opened them up a bit but you might like 'em. Can always swap. The licensed Floyd isn't the greatest thing ever made, rather cheap but once I set it up it holds tuning for me very well and hasn't let me down. First upgrade I'd do is get someone to secure the nut a bit better, as it was only being held down by 2 small screws. The neck and body are actually very good. I like the neck on mine. Its pretty thin, and flat. Typical shred neck and mine came without any problems like bad frets etc. One thing to keep in mind they are coming out with a bunch of new models this summer, import and USA made so maybe hold out for that.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
^ i was thinking of buying the music yo models........the one for $300........and when does the new models come out........
feel free to add me
$300? from where? Last I heard the new ones come out in June but I'm not sure on that. They're gonna get them in stores. If you ever wanna order one and are in the states, contact Tomi-o Music. He's got a myspace as his website, just google the name.
^ ohhhhh ****...... music yo's website gone....... they are the only ones who sells the new Kramers last time i checked the Vanguard FR was like$399.......
^ ok i'll check into those.....
feel free to add me
pretty much what dsotm is saying, except i haven't switched my pots or messed with the nut yet (i have a striker, which i think has the same pickups and trem). pickups are ridiculously hot (i don't like them, except for chugga chugga), floyd's pretty cheap but still holds tuning (basically it's pretty unresponsive, so if you're buying it for the floyd i wouldn't bother). not too bad for the price, but i never really much got along with mine... that might be personal preference, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ ohhhhh ****...... music yo's website gone....... they are the only ones who sells the new Kramers last time i checked the Vanguard FR was like$399.......
^ ok i'll check into those.....

Yea, Music Yo was basically a distributor owned by Gibson to sell Kramers, Steinbergers and some other stuff. They closed it cause they wanna push both brands into stores now.
I will say one thing about the "Yo" Kramers as I (assume) they are affectionally called.

I am 110% happy with mine, a 424 Burst Striker with fixed tune-o-matic bridge - For the price it is ridiculously class. The ladies love it.

But looking around on the net (before I bought, researched it heavily) the quality can vary - much the same with other guitars especially modest-priced machines. Trust me, no two guitars are the same. Just like no two computers are identical.

Mine has been put together with loving care, but one Kramer Pacer I saw looked like the backplate wasn't on very straight - these things do happen and people are less/more fussy than others. Sometimes problems could affect the performance for people.
yeah, that's the problem, the variation. i know a guy on another forum who got a complete lemon, mine came horribly set-up, but seems alright in terms of how it's put together (the electronics are a bit dodgy, but odds are that's just a cold solder joint, and i'm probably going to swap the pickups anyway). it's obviously not really high quality (not a tyler, or even MIJ ibanez quality), but it's not firewood either... similar quality to a yamaha pacifica 112, i'd say, maybe even slightly better than that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haven't tried any agiles

which jackson or schecter are you thinking of?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^im thinking SCREW THE V SHAPE!!!!! (but i really do want one)
im thinking of this Schecter its an Omen 09 model
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-ExtremeFR-Electric-Guitar?sku=520222
and this Jackson
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239

but i really want this Rhodes soo bad
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512230

i know i can afford it but im saving up for a Peavey 6505+ combo or a 3120 if i have the money.........
feel free to add me
Old Kramers are Win

Ive havent heard anything good about the new kramers though
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
^^ yeah, vs are awesome, but not worth it if you're having to put up with a lower spec:value ratio.

i'm not sure about those 3 you've listed... the big problem is the quality of the licensed floyd. i have no idea how good the schecter one is (i imagine "not great", but i could be wrong). the jackson ones are allegedly not too bad for licensed, but any i've tried in shops have been really stiff and unresponsive- hold tune ok, but are no fun to use as floyds! fewer springs or a better setup may help, but obviously i'm not going to buy a guitar to see if a better setup will fix its floyd, lol. also, those jackson trems are allegedly a direct swap for an OFR, but you'd want to corroborate that elsewhere, because i've heard many times that trems are allegedly a "direct swap", and they turned out not to be.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want the rhoads then save and get it NEVER settle
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
that's also good advice. the problem is, where do you draw the line? (i struggle with that too... start out wanting a £200 guitar, end up wanting a tyler... )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's also good advice. the problem is, where do you draw the line? (i struggle with that too... start out wanting a £200 guitar, end up wanting a tyler... )

Yeah I honestly dont think its unrealistic to always get what you want and not settle on something just because of price.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112

but yeah, there's "settling" and "settling". if you know you want a tyler-superstrat, a really low-end squier probably isn't going to keep you happy for too long... but a yamaha pacifica 812, jackson sl3, or ibanez rg prestige might.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

but yeah, there's "settling" and "settling". if you know you want a tyler-superstrat, a really low-end squier probably isn't going to keep you happy for too long... but a yamaha pacifica 812, jackson sl3, or ibanez rg prestige might.

Agree im not saying that if you found a good deal on the guitar you want for that price that you shouldnt go for it, I want a new amp but im not gonna get a line 6 spyder just because I can
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Hey!! does any one have any experience with this Epiphone
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EM2-CustomFX-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515613
it has an Original Floyd Rose.. and i thought it would be good.....can anyone give me some more info on this.....
feel free to add me
Definitely get it, it sounds and feels amazing although I dont remember whether it had a licensed FR or not, if it did I wouldnt recommend using the FR alot, but otherwise it is an amazing guitar.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
I hear the prophecy series are quite nice you cant really beat an OFR for $400
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Anyone got their Kramer down LOW?! If so how's it handle?
I'm thinking of a Striker 422SM Rev.Head. Get sum 10s and my Kahler on it. Then tune it down a step all over.

I know the Asian Kramers from the 90's were bad for warping. Anyone even played the new Gibson/Kramer Indonesian models?
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Agree im not saying that if you found a good deal on the guitar you want for that price that you shouldnt go for it, I want a new amp but im not gonna get a line 6 spyder just because I can

yep, definitely.

i'm not sure about that epiphone, i haven't tried it. two concerns- one is that the trem is non-recessed, so you're going to get very little up-pull, and second, is that a german schaller-made OFR, or one of those FR-1000 trems which are (i think) now made in korea? i can't tell from the pics, because the trem is black and no details of it are showing up in pics...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There really were no Kramer's in the 90's only a brief moment where a few models were made in '94/'95 I believe when they tried to restart the company but then were bought by Gibson and those are rare. I think it wasn't until '99 when Gibson made their own models and they were made in Korea as far as I know, later on they switched to being made in Indonesia.
yeah, i got a pretty early one (i got mine in 2001, i think, and it's possible it had been hanging around at the factory for a while, at least judging by the factory setup o_O), it definitely had a korea sticker on it. i threw the sticker out, for some retarded reason. i doubt the koreans are worth *much* more, but possibly are worth a little more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?