Here is the deal, I have an old Line 6 Flextone HD 2 amp. I let a friend use it for a gig and his band mate managed to spill Jager inside it.

I am quite handy at electronics and know what is damaged, but the problem is that I cannot identify the values of some of the components on the main amp board since they were burned.

Line 6 doesn't release schematics or any information to individuals, and I don't want to drive this thing to a shop and pay someone else...especially when I can do the work my self.

So, this is where the community may come in handy....

Do any of you have a Line 6 amp like this one? If so, would it be possible for you to take some Hi-Res photos of the main amp board inside the head for me?
: : : p u n k 0 m i : : :
Wow....

You're gonna get so many people in this thread saying

"The best way to fix a Line 6 is to get a better amp."

Just giving you a heads up.

On a serious note - make your friend who spilled sh*t into it drive it and pay for the fixing.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Feb 20, 2009,
lol sounds like a kiik ass show/night
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I don't understand this universal hate on line 6, it is ridiculous. Their spider amps aren't that great for their price, but many of their products are of good quality especially for the price.
Quote by strat0blaster
Wow....

On a serious note - make your friend who spilled sh*t into it drive it and pay for the fixing.

the flextone if im not mistaken is actually not a god-awful amp... its the spiders that the people here like to gang-hate.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by Maharg
I don't understand this universal hate on line 6, it is ridiculous.
That's because most people are parroting what they've heard and haven't even tried many of the products they complain about. Never tried a Spider, but the Pod products are great and I've heard good comments on the Flextone amps.

If Line 6 won't release enough info about their amps to fix a burnt resister, then that's a legit reason to rag on them. I'd try contacting tech support and see if they will provide any info. Give them a list of the numbers (i.e. R1, C5, etc...) and see if they will give the values.
Quote by Maharg
I don't understand this universal hate on line 6, it is ridiculous. Their spider amps aren't that great for their price, but many of their products are of good quality especially for the price.

no one hates line 6 itself. only spider series. too many bad experiences/bandwagon
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by strat0blaster
Wow....

Line 6 are good.

Spider amps are not.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
honestly like the first dude said buy a new one i mean it will probably cost more to fix it than pic up a decent replacemant i just picked up a behringer v-ampire lx1200 head for like 120 bucks and it has a way better tone than a line 6
The Line 6 is my secondary amp, as I play everything through a Peavy Ultra Plus.

However, that Line 6 Flextone amp is pretty kick ass and is my toy. It makes recording a breeze, and well it offers a ton of effects and cab sims to earn my respect.
Last edited by punk0mi at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by ham-of-god
honestly like the first dude said buy a new one i mean it will probably cost more to fix it than pic up a decent replacemant i just picked up a behringer v-ampire lx1200 head for like 120 bucks and it has a way better tone than a line 6

Egh.. You've never played a Flextone then have you?

I think I'm going to start calling BS on every Bandwagon comment I see from now on. I'll start with those Vypyr threads.
Quote by ham-of-god

behringer... i lol at your demise.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by ham-of-god

Not to be mean, but I highly doubt it will be cheaper.

It will take me 1 hour and about 1 dollars worth of resistors.