that.. is... awesome!!

sounds pretty unique too
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Thanks - apologies again for posting in two locations. My mistake.

Anyone else made any daft guitars?
Post this in the Gear Building and Customization thread, you'll probably get quite a few views there.

Now to watch this sucka.

EDIT: That, is so awesome. I commented on the YT vid, but have another congrats.

Sounds pretty cool too.

Seriously take this over to GB&C and see what they say. Maybe a mod can move it there.

Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 20, 2009,
That is awesome!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Thanks guys, I was a bit nervous about posting this because the playing is so poor - open tuning is going to take a bit of getting used to. Thanks for the comments.

If you have a cigar box it should sound great - I only have one tip - just make sure the piece of wood that is attached to the neck goes right down to the tailpin, it is strong and that it is long enough to get the correct intenation - my one is out a bit and I plan on fixing it.

Cheers
Quote by chihuahuas
Thanks guys, I was a bit nervous about posting this because the playing is so poor - open tuning is going to take a bit of getting used to. Thanks for the comments.

If you have a cigar box it should sound great - I only have one tip - just make sure the piece of wood that is attached to the neck goes right down to the tailpin, it is strong and that it is long enough to get the correct intenation - my one is out a bit and I plan on fixing it.

Cheers

, it must have been hard making the intonation correct with a neck you were given though right? I plan on making my own neck and having it fretless , good for slide.
That's exactly right Zoot. In many ways it would have been easier to make my own neck ........ but that was the best bit about making it - it forces you to think a bit about how guitars are made and how they work. It's given me a bit of confidence to do more work on my other instruments. Best of luck with the neck - if you save that youtube link and post me a note there when you're finished I'd love to have a look.

Cheers
MODS - hey if there is a mod who could move this to Gear Building and Customization thread as suggested above I'd be very grateful. Thanks
I don't think your playing is that bad, I like the accompanying singing, and the thing sounds sick.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
That's the most metal guitar I've seen this year

How does it handle metal?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Sorry - was being slow this morning - yes, a very metal guitar indeed.
Last edited by chihuahuas at Feb 21, 2009,
I see. Nice sound though, looks like it'd be great for bluegrass and slide.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Yeh, slide proving easy enough to get the basics of. Bluegrass picking is a bit more technical and likely to take some time.