I love Chevelle but it's hard to distinguish between songs you really love, and songs you might actually be able to play.

What are the easiest to play Chevelle songs??

Can't wait for their new album to come out soon too.
you know, non of there songs are HARD!! but i find Not enough, REALY EASY, so give that ago for now dude. and ill check some more of there stuff out, and let ya know.
Chevelle is all pretty simple really, it's just all in wicked low tunings. The easiest ones IMO are the old school singles, the red, vitamin r.
New album?!
Coool!
Well Enough Alone is pretty easy. So is Vitamin R... well, I don't know really. A lot of their songs aren't really difficult. Just give it a shot and I'm sure you'll get 'em.

The thing is, that a lot of their songs are in dropped tunings.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
I usually play Safer Waters without bothering with the tuning too much. Put your guitar in Drop D and go for it, its pretty easy.

The only thing that makes Chevelle hard in most cases is the odd tuning.
Antisaint is another good one to learn
Yeah being a beginner makes the whole tuning thing a little difficult for me. Plus tuning back and forth when you're practicing a lot of different songs just starting out is a little annoying.

What I'm having trouble with are the quick rythms they have a lot too. Guess that's just something I need to practice more on.
Quote by xKnifekillerx
you know, non of there songs are HARD!! but i find Not enough, REALY EASY, so give that ago for now dude. and ill check some more of there stuff out, and let ya know.

What?

...and the first Chevelle song I ever learned was The Clincher...after I had been playing for about 6 months or so...Pete Loeffler is one of my main guitar influences. If you couldn't tell from my username..
Yeah I guess im at about the 6 month mark as far as skill cuz I don't play as much as I would like to. I'd rather not tune my guitar just for one song that I am learning to play though.
I know, I hated having to put my guitar in drop A#/B whenever I wanted to play Chevelle...but then I got another guitar. Four years later, I have four guitars, and one is ALWAYS in drop B. What do you have?
Just a Fender Strat. It's my first guitar and good enough for learning on. I will try tuning it I guess and see how much of a hassle it is each time.

So I'm guessing you're pretty good now?
Eh. I'm not bad. I play a lot more different styles now. And a strat? For your first? Damn, all I had was a ****e walmart first act.
The Red is fairly simple. You just have to get used to fast up-picking (as well as down-picking ofcourse). Keep practising and you'll get it down.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by TheClincher
Eh. I'm not bad. I play a lot more different styles now. And a strat? For your first? Damn, all I had was a ****e walmart first act.

Haha oh I guess I just never thought of it as that cool, coming in a starter kit and all with an amp in a little cardboard box. Oh well it's cool looking and sounds great so it's good enough for me. crazy how callused your fingers get when first starting to play. I can tell I can go way longer now and my fingers dont have huge indentations in them anymore from the strings pressing in.

Thanks for the tip Andragon i will work on it.
yeah for sure comfortable liar. The song Dos is really easy, its what i've taught a few of my friends when they wanted to learn guitar. just stay away from humanoid, for some reason i think its tricky. i got the whole song down pretty easy, but theres one part that gets tricky, Where he screams "if only the crying could heal" send the pain below is a sweet one to learn strumming
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
How would I tune to the different variations that Chevelle uses? All i've played in is drop D and standard..
well, you should have a tuner in the starter kit? use it to tune the respective strings to whatever