Ok so I want to replace my pickups in my Schecter Omen 6.. but i dont know what kind to put in my guitarrrrr =[. I was thinking Emg hz's the ones Alexi Laiho uses im not sure which model off the top of my head.. I was gnna go active but its to much of a hastle.. So yeah i need suggestions and feedback on my suggestion of the EMG passives.. thanks so much !
I play metal btw ha
alexi doesn't use emg-hz's does he?

edit: googled it, seems like he does...

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Alexi has passives in his signature guitar line but he also has an on board booster built into it. Actives aren't that much hassle in my opinion, EMG's have a quick connect system too.
If I may be a jerk and throw out stereotypes... I'll refrain from asking "what sound are you looking for?" since you play a schecter I'm going to assume I already know.
To my ear EMG's are very mid scooped and have a pretty distinct sound. If you know you like his tone then go for it. That is exactly the tone you'll hear. No matter what the guitar.
I'm personally a very big fan of the Gibson 498 and the Dimarzio Air Norton.
alexi gets 90% of his sound from his lee jackson preamp, the pickups dont do that much really
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.