I removed the bridge from my bass (my old, cheap Washburn T14) and i found that there was a wire underneath it connecting the bridge to (?)... I don't really get it. Does some of the sound come from the bridge, like it does from the pickups?
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
It is the grounding wire, it basically kills the current(i think) and stops buzzing
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Sorry, i don't get that... kills the current?
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
I'm almost positive it doesn't kill the current. I didn't know there was a wire connecting the bridge to anything.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
It's the voltage common(aka ground, but common is more electrically correct). On your guitar its called the "chassis common." It's the reference point (zero) for all the voltages in your bass circuitry. It's there because all properly built electrical circuits should have one, so leave it. Removing it will mess up the current flow and cause all sorts of problems for the output of your bass.

And no, it does not "kill the current." You can kind of think of it as the ending place for the current flow in the circuit.
Last edited by izhar at Feb 20, 2009,
In simple terms, it stops your bridge and strings from acting like a radio antenna and buzzing.
Nope, no sig here.
Generally it goes from the tone put or the output and then run to the bidge so it is touching it.

Also does your bass have shielding cause that also needs to be grounded.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul