so i was looking around on craigslist today and i came across someone selling an ESP Viper-50, asking for $120. thats about half for what it retails for and with me (the proud owner of a squire) looking into a new guitar, i feel compelled to find out more. the add states that the only imperfection is a scratch on the back of the headstock. there were no pictures but hes offering a chance for anyone to try it out. im sure i can go over there with $100 cash and get it, but is it worth it? I got a vypyr 15 which is all i need right now.
Your better off putting that money towards new pickups and tuners for your squire. Or just save more and get something better.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
so even with putting a good set of emgs in there, it still wouldt be a big step from my squire?
Why would you buy a low end guitar and put EMGs in it, that is like putting neon lights on a guitar pick.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Why would you buy a low end guitar and put EMGs in it, that is like putting neon lights on a guitar pick.

exacly. you could as well put those EMG's in your squire.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Why not just put new pups in your squier if you want a crap guitar to upgrade?

edit: beaten to it
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.