Kinda Sad he's still not with us
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
I must admit that I have only seen clockwork orange and 2001: space odysee, but I love both films to death. viddy viddy, anyone?
I think Kubrick's a pretty cool guy, eh makes movies with chimps and doesn't afraid of anything.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
He did an amazing job with "A Clockwork Orange," he fucked up "The Shining." It would be difficult to capture everything in that book, though.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
I like Full Metal Jacket best.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
I like Full Metal Jacket best.

agreed. ACO didn't do much for me and 2001 dragged. Eyes Wide Shut was really boring. Dr. Strangelove was good though. haven't seen his take on Lolita, but i doubt it could live up to the brilliant novel.
Quote by Metal0Maniac
Kubrick's a pretty cool guy, eh makes movies with chimps and doesn't afraid of anything.

They weren't chimps actually. They are actually hominid ancestors of human beings.
Quote by Karl Ruger
They weren't chimps actually. They are actually hominid ancestors of human beings.

Weren't they just dudes dressed up in hairy suits?
So I fail on two levels.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Dr. Strangelove ftw.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Metal0Maniac
Weren't they just dudes dressed up in hairy suits?
So I fail on two levels.

Yeah, that too.
Out of his 13 feature films, nine are on imdb's top 250.

But Barry Lyndon is number 250.
Kubrick certainly is amazing with his work.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL"

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Karvid
Dr. Strangelove ftw.

That's definitely my fave of his.

2001 is okay.
Quote by Hexagram
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL"

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Open the pod bay doors, Hal."
Shining and FMJ for me.

: I will say I do think the ending of FMJ always ****ed with me...End wierd ftw? I felt their could have been more.
I'm still finishing Full Metal Jacket, just began watching recently, and stopped after the first half (boot camp), not saying its a bad movie, I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Clockwork Orange was great, I thought Shining was still good enough, the man simply makes classics basically.

edit- I actually found Color Me Kubrick just a tad boring, my opinion though. =X
I love a Full Metal Jacket, but I read a Clockwork Orange way before I saw the movie.

He completely left out the last chapter of the book and the last chapter puts a competely different spin on the ENTIRE story. I was kind of saddened by that.
Can't deny that the man is a genius though.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I made the exact same thread two weeks ago.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Karl Ruger
You want a cookie?

nah.

on topic though, I've seen all his moves except Paths of Glory and Barry Lyndon.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I was watching 2001 after years and there is one particular moment in the film (around the 1:30 mark, in outer space) you can see semi invisible UFOs on the top left corner (a purple hue to them) which join themselves and then dissipate.

Has anyone ever noticed this before?
the first half of FMJ is the best movie ever, I just think it takes a dive after bootcamp :/

and obviously 2001 is amazing

but The Shining is my favorite, it's just a great movie
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
2001 and Full Metal Jacket are my favourites of his.

2001 b/c of the amazing cinematography and Full Metal Jacket b/c of the boot camp sequences - so amazing.

The Shining is iconic as well but just doesn't sit right with me.

Still, he was really amazing and I wonder how he would have made A.I. in comparison to Spielberg's version after Kubrick's death.
All I've seen from Kubrick is A Clockwork Orange and The Shining.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand