Ok, this question goes out to everyone who uses a Dunlop Jazz III guitar pick.
Whcich do you prefer, Black or Red and why?
I'm going to have to say Red, because it has a sharper tip which helps the tone out and lets you blaze through crazy Metal solos.
I was just wondering what everybody else thought about this?
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
i'm just not that picky.

*horrible pun intended*

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by al112987
Is this question seriously being asked?

Jesus Christ...

There are differences.

The red is a little softer.
Has a bit sharper tip. etc.
I have both in front of me right now and I can say that the red one has a sharper tip and is less flexible, so I prefer the red.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The ultex picks are sharper and less flexible than either. Too bad they ONLY come in lose-them-forever yellow.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the black one is softer? wow i thought they were the same thickness.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
i used the red first, then when i ran out i went to the store and they only had the blacks. i didnt know they were different (besides black is easier to lose) so i was just like alright ill have those. i prefered the red ones much more, and i think ill buy a pack next time i have the chance.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I actually think the reds are softer. I prefer how they attack the strings with my picking style versus the blacks. Smoother feeling imo. Part of it though I think has to do with whichever you played first.
Quote by CJRocker
I actually think the reds are softer.

They're not.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Here is a stupid question about Jazz III's. I like how they feel during scales/solo's etc but man they don't feel right when playing chords at all. Is all the hype around the Jazz III's only related to solo/shredding stuff?
Stuff I use:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey 5150 (Signature)
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by Kingofold
Here is a stupid question about Jazz III's. I like how they feel during scales/solo's etc but man they don't feel right when playing chords at all. Is all the hype around the Jazz III's only related to solo/shredding stuff?

i feel the same way. don't like them very much for chords either. or even trem picking on lower notes. ( i think it has to do with my string tension tho..) but higher up when doing solos and noodly stuff like that, they're pretty slick.

also, the only difference in the black and red Jazz III's are the material they're made of. they are the same size, shape, etc..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I prefer the blacks. I think the have a better grip and a better overall tone than than the reds.
Sig What?
Quote by JilaX^
There are differences.

The red is a little softer.
Has a bit sharper tip. etc.

not on the jazz III's. there are black Jazz I's that have a round tip, but Jazz III's are Jazz III's. period
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional