Ok so I'm building a bass right now and I'm a little confused on a few things;
1) what is the difference between a J-Bass and a P-Bass?
2) I already have the body cut out and stuff alls i need to do is hollow out a bit of the inside for the electronics, what and where do i need to hollow out? btw im putting a pickguard over the hollowed out area.

Also can anyone recomend me a bridge?
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
Quote by pain-killer
2) I already have the body cut out and stuff alls i need to do is hollow out a bit of the inside for the electronics, what and where do i need to hollow out? btw im putting a pickguard over the hollowed out area.

Search for fender jazz bass and fender precision bass on google. You should easily find enough info.

I strongly suggest you buy a book on guitar building as it sounds like you don't really know what you are talking about.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by pain-killer

Gotoh 201, best bridge out there for the price

Hollow out space for the neck pickup and space for wires, then hollow out the control cavity (This is where the pots/output jack will go).

Shinhoman is correct, learn about these two different basses on the internet. Listen to some artists who use that bass. I'll get you started with the main differences, a Jazz pass has two single coil pickups and a thinner neck, while the Percision bass has one split coil pick up and a wider neck. There is no 'better' out of the two, only personal choice. Some would say the Jazz is more versatile though.
Quote by Micehorns
Gotoh 201, best bridge out there for the price

Do you know what place sells them so i could get my hands on one?
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher