No popups with Adblock and NoScript.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
They're doin' it wrong, all you need to write the blues is to be a bad guitarist, and do an extremely ugly face while playing an exaggerated long bend.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
They're doin' it wrong, all you need to write the blues is to be a bad guitarist, and do an extremely ugly face while playing an exaggerated long bend.

I didn't know you wrote the blues?
Em Am Em G Em
Sing a line
Em Am Em G Em
Sing a line
etc.

etc.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Last edited by Momentosis at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Portuguese_boy

False.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

*Looks at the headline "In Flames we Trust"* Yea, you would be ignorant enough to say that.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Just for you to know, Blues is one of the main influences of your beloved metal, asshole.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Just for you to know, Blues is one of the main influences of your beloved metal, asshole.

So?
Now Metal has evolved to be completely different, I couldn't care less about its roots...
Quote by Portuguese_boy

If you weren't a douche and/or had heard an SRV/BB King song, you would know this to be false.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
So?
Now Metal has evolved to be completely different, I couldn't care less about its roots...

Completely different? If you ask me, I think it all sounds the same. E minor being beat on with scales going as fast as possible over it.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

I know we've already established this, but I'd like to reiterate the fact that this is the single biggest fail anyone has seen in quite some time.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
So?

You're stupid at music, please leave.
You're*
Quote by beyondthegrave
so your sayin guys like john lee hooker , robert johnson and bb king suck at guitar? you are pretty ****in ignorant

Agreed, i hate ignorant people insulting on other music =\
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
So?

Metal wouldn't be the same without blues idiot You can't even admit that blues as genre is respectable? Even if you don't like it?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
So?

It's like insulting your father.

And modern metal still has traces of Blues.

So don't be a douche and go away, we don't need your stupid elitism and your ignorance.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

This is bitch-old
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by boreamor
Metal wouldn't be the same without blues idiot You can't even admit that blues as genre is respectable? Even if you don't like it?

I never said it wouldn't, I also wasn't being serious in my first post, as this thread is obviously not a serious one, but I don't just think that writing and playing blues is that hard, you can lack some technicality and still write blues, but it can still sound good to some people.
Lol, I love metal, but I love blues more, its not as structured as metal is. I'd like to some of you guys try and write something as amazing as Rude Mood. Listen to that and tell me he's a bad guitarist.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I never said it wouldn't, I also wasn't being serious in my first post, as this thread is obviously not a serious one, but I don't just think that writing and playing blues is that hard, you can lack some technicality and still write blues, but it can still sound good to some people.

Yeah well i mean a lot of blues may lack technicality and a lot of it may not but blues isn't about having perfect technique and playing lots of chords, its about feeling.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Write a good blues song and put it up on U.G. and see what people think. I bet you can't make a good blues song for the life of you.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by Portuguese_boy

You fail. Sure you could make a blues song, but it would sound like ****. Try listening to a good blues player before you hate and be all OMIG ALEXI LAIHOEZ!1!!!11! HES SO GUD HOW DO I SWEEP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLKxvjbWULQ
He pulled that song out of the air, wasn't that hard to make.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by KennySG at Feb 20, 2009,
Sure Portugese Boy, blues lacks technique... You get vibrato like B.B. King and you come back and talk to me.

I've lost all respect for you now, I now consider you an eletist asshole and someone that has no sense of respect for anything other than what they like.