Any idea how to get my amp to like MetallicA's did during Master Of Puppets? (I am talking about distortion)

I have a Micro Cube so I am not sure this is possible, if it is not what amp would be best for under 200 American dollars?
Get a Metallica Signature Randall and a ESP KH-2.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD

I don't have that kind of money right now.....
Quote by T00l 46&2
I don't have that kind of money right now.....

Randall RG solid state and LTD KH-202 then :P
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
a MOP-ish sound is possible with any heavy distortion channel/pedal.

turn the gain up fairly high (this varies between amps but on a standard gain channel around 8).

on the EQ settings, have the treble fairly high (not 10, but high), mids fairly low (2/3 perhaps) and a middle setting on the bass.

just play around till you find what you think sounds right.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Metallica? Easy peasy. Get a Marshall. That's how authentic as it gets.

LOL

Mesa Boogie is what Metallica use!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
/\ I know how to "scoop" but I cannot b/c my amp only has a "tone knob" lol.

I am thinking of investing in an equalizer pedal, do you think it would help?
Metallica setting for a Microcube?

Gain: 8
Tone: 7/8
Reverb: None
Effects: none

It'll do until you can get a better amp.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
you're all wrong the real way to get metallica sound is by using the searchbar obviously.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by Chrisiphone
LOL

Mesa Boogie is what Metallica use!

Metallica played all Marshalls on KEA and RTL, and still record with certain Marshall cabs every once in a while. I don't think they record or play live with their JCM800s anymore, but I do know they still use them.
scoop your mids until your tone sounds like ****. there's metallica tone for you.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
I managed to get decent Metallica tones from my Randall RG25RXM. I bought it for $200 AUD.
ur all wrong metallica has used like 4460493603985 bazillion amps in their career
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by random_B-RAD

What are you, a frickin moron? His said 200 bucks.

As for TS, I would go for a Vox VT30 or VT15. The VT30 is $269 but i'm not sure about the VT15. Probably less than $200.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Quote by nexteyenate
scoop your mids until your tone sounds like ****. there's metallica tone for you.

IMO BOOSTED MIDS SOUND LIKE CRAP.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by cohen5250
What are you, a frickin moron? His said 200 bucks.

As for TS, I would go for a Vox VT30 or VT15. The VT30 is $269 but i'm not sure about the VT15. Probably less than $200.

Vox's aren't good for metal, there are better for the price.

IMO, I wouldn't get a new amp just for one song. Just save the money. The settings posted earlier by Chrisiphone would be good.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
On that album they used a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ slaved into a marshall's power amp... mids scooped. Get a Peavey Vypyr and use the REC setting.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by The Philosopher
Metallica played all Marshalls on KEA and RTL, and still record with certain Marshall cabs every once in a while. I don't think they record or play live with their JCM800s anymore, but I do know they still use them.

Actually, they only used James' hot-rodded Marshall on Kill Em All. Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and the Black Album were all done on a MESA/Boogie Mark IIC+.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Randall RG solid state and LTD KH-202 then :P

Quote by random_B-RAD

man your opinions fail so hard, just give up and read a book you little kid..

anyways scoop teh mids have ur treb and bass at like 9 and gain 8-9
Quote by devit
IMO BOOSTED MIDS SOUND LIKE CRAP.

No, they actually help your tone quite a bit.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Actually, they only used James' hot-rodded Marshall on Kill Em All. Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and the Black Album were all done on a MESA/Boogie Mark IIC+.

They used James amp for the recording of Kill em All. Kirk had a matching Marshall full stack at the time.

Ride the Lightning was marshall as well.

Master of puppets was a blend of Marshall and Mesa. And Kirk was the only one slaving the Mesa head into the Marshall power section. Keep in mind, the scoop their mids on the Mark series, and running it into an EL34 amp. They have plenty of mids, scooping keeps it controllable. Scooping the mids on some amps sounds just fine.

And Justice For All had problems, they switched to the Mark III's and didn't record as many guitar tracks, lost a lot of thickness with the guitars and it sounds like the mids were gone.

Black album was a mix between Boogie's and Marshall.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
They used James amp for the recording of Kill em All. Kirk had a matching Marshall full stack at the time.

Ride the Lightning was marshall as well.

Master of puppets was a blend of Marshall and Mesa. And Kirk was the only one slaving the Mesa head into the Marshall power section. Keep in mind, the scoop their mids on the Mark series, and running it into an EL34 amp. They have plenty of mids, scooping keeps it controllable. Scooping the mids on some amps sounds just fine.

And Justice For All had problems, they switched to the Mark III's and didn't record as many guitar tracks, lost a lot of thickness with the guitars and it sounds like the mids were gone.

Black album was a mix between Boogie's and Marshall.

*shrug*
I was just going by a recent GuitarWorld/Guitar Legends about Metallica, where Kirk said he used Mesa Mark IIC+s from Ride the Lightning to the Black Album.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
to get a nice metalica (and pretty much any metal) kind of tone, i use a digitech metal master, it works great
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12